1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Silicone Cover by Verizon-question

The day I purchased my Droid Pro, I also purchased a High Gloss Silicone Cover. I hope someone can help me understand why the cover has a section missing just right and below the camera and flash. It is about 3/4"x3/4" in size.

I have asked the Verizon Reps, but none of them have been able to tell me why.

Thanks in advance for your response(es).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Silicone Cover by Verizon-question-mot_droid_pro_hg_sil_cov_blk.png  
    Last edited by Eighty_3; 11-30-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added image

I'm don't know the answer to your question but I did want to ask you how you like the case? It very dirt prone and does it make the phone much thicker? And I'm assuming its a soft silicone case thats bendable and all that right?
    Thanks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Although it's bendable, it isn't like the regular silicone cases that easily bend. It doesn't attract dust or foreign particles. Thickness is very minimal. I am really enjoying it, aside from the issue in question.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I believe it is for pushing the device out of the case when removing it.

I have the same case and ended up cutting away the section over the power button. It is waaaaay easier to turn on now. I am considering doing the same for the other two side keys.

Thank you for pointing out the issue with dirt on the soft cases, initially I was a little disappointed this one is so hard.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I believe I may have come to a conclusion about the 3/4" x 3/4" open area on the case. My conclusion is that Motorola may of been deciding whether or not to add a Backtrack Touch Panel as the one found on the Motorola Citrus, but obviously decided against it. However, the case maker obviously "jumped-the-gun".

I think that makes sense..."Right?"

...And cecdroid...I agree about the part covering the power button. That button is very easily pressed without the case, but a b#*&^ to press with it on.
    Last edited by Eighty_3; 12-01-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: response to cecdroid
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

D'oh!!!!

I just read the thread titled..."Is this a Pro with what looks like a trackpad...."

It all makes a whole lot of sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by cecdroid View Post
    I have the same case and ended up cutting away the section over the power button. It is waaaaay easier to turn on now. I am considering doing the same for the other two side keys.

Thank you for pointing out the issue with dirt on the soft cases, initially I was a little disappointed this one is so hard.
    I cut the section above the power button also, it was such a pain to cut on and off with it there >.<
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Eighty_3 View Post
    I believe I may have come to a conclusion about the 3/4" x 3/4" open area on the case. My conclusion is that Motorola may of been deciding whether or not to add a Backtrack Touch Panel as the one found on the Motorola Citrus, but obviously decided against it. However, the case maker obviously "jumped-the-gun".

I think that makes sense..."Right?"

...And cecdroid...I agree about the part covering the power button. That button is very easily pressed without the case, but a b#*&^ to press with it on.
    your most likely right as this is not the first time this happened look at most of the droid x cases there is a big circle cutout to the right of the speaker on the back where they were gonna put another speaker but decided against and all the cases still have the cutout.
    Windows Phone:Lumia 920
    Android: Nexus 4
    iOS: iPhone 5

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

I LOVE this case. I tried the soft one first, but it was useless, came off easily, and attracted all the stuff in my pocket. Replaced it with this hard plastic snap-on case and it is perfect. I agree that it does make it MUCH harder to push the power button on top. I may have to try and cut out part of the case. One remedy I found in the meantime was to assign the right side programmable key to wake the device just like the top power button, which is much easier to push with my thumb.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by jwgraves62 View Post
    One remedy I found in the meantime was to assign the right side programmable key to wake the device just like the top power button, which is much easier to push with my thumb.
    Can you explain how you did this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cecdroid View Post

How did you go about doing this? I am looking to do this as well, but never did it, just got used to pushing the power button harder than usual.

Global Posts
    2,744 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

menu, settings, applications, quick launch. I changed my side key to launch widgetlocker, so it wakes right to my lock screen, same as pressing the top button. I didn't see an option to set specifically to wake, so this was all I could think of. Works the same though. Must be rooted for widgetlocker.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    Must be rooted for widgetlocker.
    thanks for that info.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Sorry for the delay here...

first I rooted my Pro and then using Root Explorer I modified the cdma_venus2-keypad.fl file. In the key setting for "key 246 SIDE" I added "WAKE" to the end of the line.