Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Exclamation Let the rom-ing begin!!!! Clockwork recovery working!!!!

That's right... it took sometime and effort and some craziness. I have successfully achieved bootstrap and clockwork recovery on my Dpro!!! Here is what I can tell you so far:

My phone is of course rooted.

It is Deodexed using the manual method described in one of my earlier posts!!!

My sd-card came out of my former droid x that was also deodexed, clockwork modded and bootstrap.

Here what I did and without an sbf it was crazy but sometimes it pays off.

I downloaded the Droid X bootstrap from koush in the android market, applied bootstrap and reboot recovery...

I have yet to be able to access recovery via rom manager but I feel I have made a big step towards getting us to that point... I believe with some tweaking and trail and error, I might be able too...

I will post anything else I stumble into.... I will try to hit koush up to see if rom manager can be tweaked.... here hoping!!!

Also remember you take the risks on your own. there's no sbf out so if it fails you are stuck!
    Thanked by:
    PHaim 

Strong work man. Keep it up. One step closer to replacing this blur garbage
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

congrats! working w/o a net, you are a braver man than i!

Global Posts
    7,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oh this is great news!!!!

I hope more strides are made, looking to pick a Droid Pro up this week!
    Follow Us on Twitter
    [@jareddipane]
    [@AndroidCentral]

Quote Originally Posted by mahst687 View Post
    That's right... it took sometime and effort and some craziness. I have successfully achieved bootstrap and clockwork recovery on my Dpro!!! Here is what I can tell you so far:

My phone is of course rooted.

It is Deodexed using the manual method described in one of my earlier posts!!!

My sd-card came out of my former droid x that was also deodexed, clockwork modded and bootstrap.

Here what I did and without an sbf it was crazy but sometimes it pays off.

I downloaded the Droid X bootstrap from koush in the android market, applied bootstrap and reboot recovery...

I have yet to be able to access recovery via rom manager but I feel I have made a big step towards getting us to that point... I believe with some tweaking and trail and error, I might be able too...

I will post anything else I stumble into.... I will try to hit koush up to see if rom manager can be tweaked.... here hoping!!!

Also remember you take the risks on your own. there's no sbf out so if it fails you are stuck!
    Nice work!

I'm interested to find out if the Droid Pro has a locked/encrypted bootloader like the Droid X. If it does then we may not be able to get any further than you've already gotten...I'm wanting to root my Pro and remove some preloaded apps and Blur apps, but waiting on recovery in order to not run the risk of accidentally removing the wrong thing and bricking...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Nice work! If only I knew what any of that meant....

So I recently rooted my dpro. Now what?? Can you list a couple of must haves and where to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by reykjavik View Post

So I recently rooted my dpro. Now what?? Can you list a couple of must haves and where to find them?
    Usually first app you'll want to get is Titanium Backup (from the Market). Let's you back up all your apps...Root Explorer is another, also in the Market...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Any updates on this? I just rooted my wife's DPro using z4root, now she would like to flash some ROMs, but..
    Has anyone been able to get recovery on the Pro?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reykjavik View Post

Titanium backup pro also lets you freeze (disable) system apps so you don't have to delete them. A great app.

Quick cache cleaner is another good one for root. Lets you clear all app caches with one click.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

In case anyone has an 'oh ****' moment... They have Droid Pro SBF here: Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite