Can't add Facebook sync account

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
When I go to Settings, Accounts and try to add the FB sync account, I keep getting an "Internal server error. Please try again" message every time. Anyone else able to do this? I don't see any options in the FB app itself for turning on contact sync.

miketrow

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Contact Sync

Nor Can I. Not sure if its a similar problem.

On my Droid Pro I added all my accounts - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. All the contacts downloaded fine. What about if I add new contacts to those accounts on the websites. How does that sync. Is it automatic? It hasn?t been so far!

Any help?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean you loaded the fb app and logged in or were you actually able to add through accounts setting? I can't even get that far to download contacts.

miketrow

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh! I can add all the accounts and app. I just can get photos to download for Facebook contacts. Nor can I seem to sync newly added or deleted contacts from my social apps to my phone contacts!

unclegeek

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When I go to Settings, Accounts and try to add the FB sync account, I keep getting an "Internal server error. Please try again" message every time. Anyone else able to do this? I don't see any options in the FB app itself for turning on contact sync.
yep.. same here.. I know my credentials are correct.. (can log into FB online with the same credentials).. I get the internal server error too.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't even get an internal server error. When I click on facebook to add account it just goes back to the main accounts page and it does nothing. Hmm...

acari

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't add any new account to sync... i solved the problem running Root Explorer

i went to /system/app

and re-installed AccountAndSyncSettings.apk

hope it helps

:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781