1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Default Can't add Facebook sync account

When I go to Settings, Accounts and try to add the FB sync account, I keep getting an "Internal server error. Please try again" message every time. Anyone else able to do this? I don't see any options in the FB app itself for turning on contact sync.

Default Contact Sync

Nor Can I. Not sure if its a similar problem.

On my Droid Pro I added all my accounts - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. All the contacts downloaded fine. What about if I add new contacts to those accounts on the websites. How does that sync. Is it automatic? It hasnt been so far!

Any help?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Do you mean you loaded the fb app and logged in or were you actually able to add through accounts setting? I can't even get that far to download contacts.

Oh! I can add all the accounts and app. I just can get photos to download for Facebook contacts. Nor can I seem to sync newly added or deleted contacts from my social apps to my phone contacts!

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't add Facebook sync account

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    When I go to Settings, Accounts and try to add the FB sync account, I keep getting an "Internal server error. Please try again" message every time. Anyone else able to do this? I don't see any options in the FB app itself for turning on contact sync.
    yep.. same here.. I know my credentials are correct.. (can log into FB online with the same credentials).. I get the internal server error too.

I don't even get an internal server error. When I click on facebook to add account it just goes back to the main accounts page and it does nothing. Hmm...

I couldn't add any new account to sync... i solved the problem running Root Explorer

i went to /system/app

and re-installed AccountAndSyncSettings.apk

hope it helps

how exactly did you do this?

I have the same problem