Enterprise server sync- pro vs bb vs incredible

ahoffman

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,
Newbie here. My issue is ease of use of email. My corporate email is super secured, but they support BB, so it's very easy and works well. I had an Incredible for 3 days and sent it back because the enterprise sync was so painful. Is the Pro's interface as good as billed? Should I give it a shot? I'm tortured by the archaic BB OS and would like to switch to Droid, but email ease is most critical.

Thanks !

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Personal opinion if enterprise email is your #1 most important thing, stick with BB for now. I love my Droid, but right out of the box, no, its not as user friendly for corporate email servers.

That said there's nothing but good things being said about the Touchdown app available for Android. Supposedly its the best thing going on the Android platform for corporate sync. However this is a paid application that's going to set you back a few $$$. I have no personal experience with this program as my company uses Google for Business and syncs well with my phone through the Gmail app and Calendar app flawlessly.

Again though, there's definitely some more refinement that needs to be done to have the phone be corporate ready out of the box, so if you're simply looking for ease of use on that front, stick with BB for now.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Although I also love my Droid Pro, I'm gonna have to agree with white here. I use email on the Pro everyday but it has not been without its troubles. Everything from sync just stopping to delayed emails. I have used several apps to get my Yahoo and Gmail email working but most of the apps have at one time or another just stopped working. If, email, enterprise email at that, is of the utmost importance to you, I'm also going to recommend that you stick with BB for now. Android still needs work in that department.

shaehnel

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I too have tried the Pro. Unreliable email, sync issues and short battery life do not work for me. I can go one to two days depending on use with my BB (moderate to heavy user).

Keyboard way to small and cramped, too.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly the thread I was looking for...
I tried a D2 (My company is strictly verizon) and we use BES.
The D2 was lacking in the email department, seriously compared to a BB.
Screen, speed, apps...all were beautiful...but for business and a corporate Email server..it was lacking.
Now that this has a QWERTY and spell check, I was thinking of revisiting the Droid lineup.
But after reading the email sync with corporate servers was still not up to snuff compared to BBs....I think I'll just stay put for now...

Thanks all, good read.

Burkett1983

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm personally happy with the corporate sync function. One gripe i have is having to enter a pin every 15 minutes to access my phone :(

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
One way around this is to use touchdown. With touchdown the corporate policy will be applied to the app, not the phone. So you will only need to enter the password to get into touchdown, but not any other phone apps.

So far I'm personally happy with the corporate sync function. One gripe i have is having to enter a pin every 15 minutes to access my phone :(