1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will it ever come to Sprint?

The Droid Pro appears to be an awesome phone...

Does anyone have any idea if it will become available on Sprint at some point?

The Droid Pro is in fact an awesome phone. As far as Sprint availability, I have no idea. I have several friends that have seen my Droid Pro and asked about Sprint availability as well. I hope it happens. Then again there have been several Android phones that didn't transition over from Verizon at all like the OG Droid, Droid X, Droid Incredible..........
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Don't think there is any Android device on Sprint that features a portrait physical keyboard.

The Droid Pro has a full QWERTY landscape keyboard, as does the Epic 4G, the Samsung Moment, the Samsung Intercept, and The Samsung Transform.

I'm not sure why a portrait keyboard was brought into this.

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    The Droid Pro has a full QWERTY landscape keyboard, as does the Epic 4G, the Samsung Moment, the Samsung Intercept, and The Samsung Transform.

I'm not sure why a portrait keyboard was brought into this.
    Really? The Droid Pro has a portrait keyboard.

ROM
    stock

Default umm

I'd say it was brought up because the Droid Pro does NOT in fact have a slide out Landscape keyboard, but it has a portrait keyboard that is on the front, and doesn't not slide out but is always available (ala older Palm designs + blackberry)

Droid Pro
    Thanked by:

No "droid" labeled phone from Verizon has made it's way to sprint. also, Motorola has never made an android phone for sprint. Sprint only sells HTC and Samsung androids. Idk why that is but it is what it is, isn't it?

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by google123 View Post
    The Droid Pro is in fact an awesome phone. As far as Sprint availability, I have no idea. I have several friends that have seen my Droid Pro and asked about Sprint availability as well. I hope it happens. Then again there have been several Android phones that didn't transition over from Verizon at all like the OG Droid, Droid X, Droid Incredible..........
    This is all true...but I do believe this is a branding thing. The term "Droid" is licensed to Verizon by Lucasarts, I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    No "droid" labeled phone from Verizon has made it's way to sprint. also, Motorola has never made an android phone for sprint. Sprint only sells HTC and Samsung androids. Idk why that is but it is what it is, isn't it?
    Well, technically Sprint owns Nextel which has a motorola android device...

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The Droid Pro itself will never land on sprint. Motorola and Verizon are basically in bend together. Is it possible sprint will get something similar down the road? I will never say never, but not a rebranded version of the pro, that's for sure.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    Thanked by:

Not quite true... the Droid Eris is the exact same phone as the Sprint HERO, just with a different body.

And Moto also made the i1 Android phone for Sprint's NEXTEL line.

I accept that I'm a dumbass.

Carry on.

What I would like to see is a world phone come to Sprint. I hope this comes soon next year. I travel out of the country twice a year and would like to not have to have two different numbers. I hope Sprint gets something soon.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.6.29-885f0b88

I doubt it, but I could be wrong. The Droid was rebranded as the Milestone for other carriers, but if I'm not mistaken... The only U.S. carrier to get the Milestone was Alltel, which is basically AT&T now in most markets.
    HTC Aria (AT&T)
    HTC Hero CDMA (Not under contract)

I develop websites and work on computers.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    If that was the case I would be interested in the Epic. But since prefer portrait keyboards, none of the phones currently available on Sprint currently interest me.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 2.9.5

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls1652 View Post
    The only U.S. carrier to get the Milestone was Alltel, which is basically AT&T now in most markets.
    Cellular South and Cox Wireless got the Milestone as well.
    Gee

If it does come, it wont be the Droid Pro. It'll probably be one of those wack motoblur fisherprice looking ones.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Sprint also carries an LG and Sanyo android phone. They had just came out recently.

I personally think Motorola makes some pretty awful phones, sanyo and motorola are my 2 least favorite. As a sprint customer and employee I'm glad we have a small inventory of sanyo devices and only nextel motorola devices.
    Sprint Rep as of August 2010
    iPhone 4 >> Samsung Galaxy S3 >> iPhone 5 >> HTC One >> Samsung Note 2

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

This is a more likely chance, Galaxy Q specs leaked | Android Central

Giving some time to Sprint tonight, so, let's say I'm someone who is intricate in most details of Sprint Inventory.

Now, as far as I know there is no leak, no inside info given to me about any rebranded Droid phones coming to us, however, before the I1, our Nextel Motorola Android phone launched the product vendors were out in full force visiting stores. The one I met with at my location who is a Houston area rep was showing us of her I1, and was stating to us that motorola had plans to start making CDMA phones again for us instead of Just Iden units.

She did not go into detail whether or not those phones were going to be running stock Moto UI's or Android, however considering Moto is all up in Android these days, it's a nice bet that most if not all of the CDMA phones we end up getting next out of Motorola will be Android.

Also not too mention but since we are in the process of creating a new Nextel brand to move onto the CDMA services (yet again, maybe 3rd time is a charm) there maybe even some room for cross branding that in as well.

Nothing will be labelled DROID of course as that is a Lucas/Verizon exclusive thing, but maybe they could be labelled as an EVO project, much like the EVO shift and the EVO Pro (last one is more rumor around the internals than truth) so who knows. Right now the world is Sprint's Oyster since we are basically getting our doors beaten down for vendors wanting to make 4G phones for us as a testbed.

Verizon will be seeing that influx as well soon once they get LTE lit up in more areas. Such is 4G, all the companies want to make 1 now to get those limits pushed.

Is a great time to be a technician like myself and to maybe test out a few new concepts and get some awesome 4G stuff in our hands to play/test with.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I just saw a commercial last night for the Pro that was by Moto with no Verizon mentioned. Might not be anything but my first thought was that it might end up going to Sprint. Prob won't happen but thought it was interesting.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by TheNexxuvas View Post
    Giving some time to Sprint tonight, so, let's say I'm someone who is intricate in most details of Sprint Inventory.

Now, as far as I know there is no leak, no inside info given to me about any rebranded Droid phones coming to us, however, before the I1, our Nextel Motorola Android phone launched the product vendors were out in full force visiting stores. The one I met with at my location who is a Houston area rep was showing us of her I1, and was stating to us that motorola had plans to start making CDMA phones again for us instead of Just Iden units.

She did not go into detail whether or not those phones were going to be running stock Moto UI's or Android, however considering Moto is all up in Android these days, it's a nice bet that most if not all of the CDMA phones we end up getting next out of Motorola will be Android.

Also not too mention but since we are in the process of creating a new Nextel brand to move onto the CDMA services (yet again, maybe 3rd time is a charm) there maybe even some room for cross branding that in as well.

Nothing will be labelled DROID of course as that is a Lucas/Verizon exclusive thing, but maybe they could be labelled as an EVO project, much like the EVO shift and the EVO Pro (last one is more rumor around the internals than truth) so who knows. Right now the world is Sprint's Oyster since we are basically getting our doors beaten down for vendors wanting to make 4G phones for us as a testbed.

Verizon will be seeing that influx as well soon once they get LTE lit up in more areas. Such is 4G, all the companies want to make 1 now to get those limits pushed.

Is a great time to be a technician like myself and to maybe test out a few new concepts and get some awesome 4G stuff in our hands to play/test with.
    So to sum that all up, is there any chance that Sprint would be getting an Android device with a portrait keyboard, either candybar format like the Pro, or Slider format like the Spice?

And do you have any inside knowledge about whether the Pre 2 or any other webOS device might be coming to Sprint?

Right now the Epic seems my most likely choice should I choose to ditch webOS, but I'm not wild about landscape keyboards.