Anyone Using LauncherPro

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using LauncherPro on the Droid Pro...and do you recommend? Please contrast the between LauncherPro and the launcher that comes with the Pro.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I am using LauncherPro and am much happier with it than using the stock launcher. It is more customizable and runs a lot smoother You can also set it to have 7 screens, whereas the stock only has 5. However, if you want to resize widgets, you will have to get the paid version for $1.99(?).

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been using LauncherPro for a while now. I like that I can have several docks' worth of customizable icons to scroll through, each with a click and a swype up function. I like the multiple screens, resizeable widgets, ability to hide apps in the app drawer, hide the notication bar, and the overall performance. I purchased the Plus version to support the developer and use the calender widget as well. Very happy with all the updates no problems whatsoever.

PHaim

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the paid version, I think it's definitely better than stock although I also think that it's basically a weak version of HTC's Sense UI and wish I had that instead. There's one or two of the Motorola widgets that I kind of miss (I like their wifi/blutooth/etc buttons) and you give those up to use LauncherPro

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the paid version, I think it's definitely better than stock although I also think that it's basically a weak version of HTC's Sense UI and wish I had that instead. There's one or two of the Motorola widgets that I kind of miss (I like their wifi/blutooth/etc buttons) and you give those up to use LauncherPro

Some of the Motorola widgets still work under LauncherPro. I have been using WiFi, BT, and Airplane Mode no problem.

macstibs

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
There were a few things that I preferred on ADW.

1. You can customize your drawer pages somewhat using "categories"

2. You can resize widgets without having to buy the premium version.

3. Themes give me the ability to change the look of the interface.

Coming from a Galaxy S, these made me more "comfortable" than LauncherPro.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
There were a few things that I preferred on ADW.

1. You can customize your drawer pages somewhat using "categories"

2. You can resize widgets without having to buy the premium version.

3. Themes give me the ability to change the look of the interface.

Coming from a Galaxy S, these made me more "comfortable" than LauncherPro.

Thanks for your response. Obviously, I didn't "explore" this launcher very well. :eek: I will give it another try, when I get the chance.