1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OEM Battery?

I think I made a mistake in buying an OEM battery from Seidio. When I first tried looking at the Verizon one it did not look like it was compatible with the Pro. I now see that I missed the small print.

The Seidio is listed as an Innocell 1500mAh Slim Extended Life Battery, and does not need a new case. I paid $43 here at Android Central.

Is the Verizon/Motorola bigger or better? I liked this because it would not limit the cases or holsters I would have to choose from. But, I do not want to scrimp on juice.

Thanks,
    Ed Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by shuttergy View Post
    I think I made a mistake in buying an OEM battery from Seidio. When I first tried looking at the Verizon one it did not look like it was compatible with the Pro. I now see that I missed the small print.

The Seidio is listed as an Innocell 1500mAh Slim Extended Life Battery, and does not need a new case. I paid $43 here at Android Central.

Is the Verizon/Motorola bigger or better? I liked this because it would not limit the cases or holsters I would have to choose from. But, I do not want to scrimp on juice.

Thanks,
    Ed Hopkins
    The extended battery offered by Verizon is a 1860mAh battery...that is a fairly significant difference in power/battery life over a 1500mAh battery or the 1460mAh battery that comes stock with the phone. True, you need the back cover that comes with the Verizon extended battery...the stock back cover will not fit with the extended battery.

I've had no problem finding a case to fit the extended battery from verizon, even with the new back.

Global Posts
    2,744 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

There's really no reason to buy the seidio 1500 unless you just want to carry a spare battery around. The extended battery and door fit into my standard leather holster, my spring clip holster and my proclipusa.com car mount, so I would say most cases should be fine except for the best fitting snap on cases or tight skins.