Root possible?

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
So I read that a few people have been able to root their phones. Can any one provide instructions or point us to a site that has it laid out? All I want is wi-fi tether and to use my Titanium Backup to backup my apps.

I tried looking for z4root in the market, didn't see it there.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I just bought my Droid Pro from someone (used) and it was rooted. I see the SUperUser app and Droid X bootstrapper. How do I got about unrooting? I have tried to download z4root to unroot but it isn't allowing me to download the app, for some reason. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I just flashed the SBF and all is cool.

Last edited:

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
so i tried z4root but it is not working. i did upgrade to the latest OS that verizon released, so not sure if that causes the root to not work.
When I run z4root, it says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." and freezes on that. any ideas?

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
nevermind! as i typed my last post, i tried z4root again. The only difference, this time i had my phone plugged into my computer with USB debugging mode on and the mass storage mode was on. and it worked!
now if only CM 6.1 was somehow available on this phone! I miss it on my droid incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781