Transfer Questions

RocketCityGuy

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a Droid2 and have purchased a droid pro off ebay. I've done some research on swapping over to the new phone, and know that gmail sync will square away contacts and such, and that app brain will help me move apps....but still have a couple of questions. Any help will be appreciated.

1. I've got alot of my apps on my SD card....can I just move the card from one phone to another?

2. For apps that have historical data associated with them, such as easymoney and acar, what is the best way to move that data over to the new phone?

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using a Droid2 and have purchased a droid pro off ebay. I've done some research on swapping over to the new phone, and know that gmail sync will square away contacts and such, and that app brain will help me move apps....but still have a couple of questions. Any help will be appreciated.

1. I've got alot of my apps on my SD card....can I just move the card from one phone to another?

2. For apps that have historical data associated with them, such as easymoney and acar, what is the best way to move that data over to the new phone?

You should be able to move the SD card from one phone to the other without any problem...I don't think the SD card format is different between Droid2 and the Pro. Question 2: I would think that the historical data associated with easymoney etc is stored on your SD card. Go to your file manager or ASTRO and check to see if there is a file on your SD card that is associated with the app you are concerned about. If the app has an option to save data to your SD card, I'd perform a "save to sd card" prior to moving the card the pro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm