any way to remove motoblur?

rich.kim

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
is there any way to remove/delete motoblur ui from the droid pro if i root my phone? i'm going to be getting my phone today (switching from a bb) and i still don't fully understand everything about roms and motoblur and rooting, although i think i understand the gist of things. all i know is that the droid pro doesn't have any roms released yet, so am i right in thinking that motoblur is not removable yet? at least until a rom is released??

thanks for any help

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you can root the device but ROMs are not yet available, sadly. I just switched over from my Droid X for this week and I am going through withdrawal without my Apex 1.3.1 ROM on it. Saved a ton of battery. I may just install it on the Pro to see what happens!

rich.kim

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
where can i check for the latest updates on if a rom has been made for this phone? would xds-developers be the ones who produce these roms?

thanks!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
please correct me if I'm wrong but can you just download a home replacement app like adw launcher or launcher pro and it will cover up most of the blur features?

Sent from my D1!

rich.kim

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah i know that you can just use a different launcher, in which case it would be running on top of the blur..i was just wondering if it would be possible to completely remove the motoblur..i guess it probably doesn't make too much difference. i just wanted to get rid of any other bloat-ware/unnecessary programs (including moto's UI)..but i can live with it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2