Has anyone received the new update on their Pro?

CR4V3

Neighborhood IT Pro
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I got it pushed down to my phone this morning. Do we know what it's suppose to update?

Edit: Nevermind, found it here, looks like a lot of exchange updated and some bloatware.

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
when moto releases new updates, they will typically release it to a small group of people (10,000 or so) just to make sure its not doing anything crazy to devices, and then release it to the masses a week or so later.

reykjavik

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
If I update will I have to re-root and reset all my cpu settings etc...? Its so hard for me to resist an update, but at the same time it seems like a complete waste of time update packed iwth bloatware and improvements on things I dont use.

jmmurphy32

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the update and installed it and really wish that I hadn't. Having been used to having a rooted Pro the past couple of months or so I forgot how slow the thing runs with all the bloatware not being frozen and how quickly the battery runs down. Hopefully there will be an update for Z4root soon that will work on this new build because I'm not having any luck with it right now.

Phill_UK

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the update and installed it and really wish that I hadn't. Having been used to having a rooted Pro the past couple of months or so I forgot how slow the thing runs with all the bloatware not being frozen and how quickly the battery runs down. Hopefully there will be an update for Z4root soon that will work on this new build because I'm not having any luck with it right now.

I had exactly the same result, and also regretted installing the update.

Luckily I found a post on xda-developers where someone had used SuperOneClick v1.7 to re-root after the update.

I Googled it, found it, installed it, re-rooted, re-froze all the bloatware... happy again!

I'm very pleased with the update now, and can highly recommend SuperOneClick :)

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm a new droid pro owner, so I haven't even rooted yet, but I intend to after this update. If anyone is willing to list the specific things they've done after rooting to improve the performance or battery life of the phone, I'd really appreciate it!

jmmurphy32

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had exactly the same result, and also regretted installing the update.

Luckily I found a post on xda-developers where someone had used SuperOneClick v1.7 to re-root after the update.

I Googled it, found it, installed it, re-rooted, re-froze all the bloatware... happy again!

I'm very pleased with the update now, and can highly recommend SuperOneClick :)

Thanks for the tip about SuperOneClick. I'm still new to the Android OS (been using Blackberry since I was 17) and definitely enjoy learning all the new stuff. Rooted again and back in business!

dlh

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm a new droid pro owner, so I haven't even rooted yet, but I intend to after this update. If anyone is willing to list the specific things they've done after rooting to improve the performance or battery life of the phone, I'd really appreciate it!

I am with you. I want to root and will do so after I receive the update. Anyone have a step-by-step guide or list on what to do?

CR4V3

Neighborhood IT Pro
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I received a second update this morning, I wasn't able to see what it did before it started downloading. Any ideas what this updates?

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded my update last night. I first noticed the standard text messaging and email apps look cleaner.

What does anyone else notice off the bat?

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I got mine today- loaded just fine OTA, but noticed all of my email account Icons dissappeared- did a Battery pull (sounds like a BB) - and now all is oK- haven't noticed much of a difference

XtremeUnction

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got it and installed. Like everyone else here, I wish I hadn't. It updates the system version (not the android version still 2.2.1) it changed it to 3.8.7. Unrooted my phone and now I'm annoyed. Can't really see any main differences. Anyone know what it did?

XtremeUnction

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
also I forgot to add that for me after it updated instead of restarting by itself it left me in the boot menu where I needed to use the volume keys to get the option to reset.

313zd

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got it and you can't root it with superoneclick, downloaded aroot but there are no instructions, anyone know how to root with aroot? :mad:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae