Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anyone received the new update on their Pro?

As the title says, has anyone been able to update their Pro with the new update? My phone says that my phone's software is up-to-date.
    Palm Treo>Blackberry Pearl>Blackberry Curve>Blackberry Tour>Blackberry Bold>Droid Pro>Droid Bionic>Galaxy Nexus>iPhone 5S and LG G2
    Neighborhood IT Pro

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I got it pushed down to my phone this morning. Do we know what it's suppose to update?

Edit: Nevermind, found it here, looks like a lot of exchange updated and some bloatware.
    Last edited by Tr0ubl3; 04-15-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlychoman View Post
    As the title says, has anyone been able to update their Pro with the new update? My phone says that my phone's software is up-to-date.
    Nothing here in PA
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

when moto releases new updates, they will typically release it to a small group of people (10,000 or so) just to make sure its not doing anything crazy to devices, and then release it to the masses a week or so later.

If I update will I have to re-root and reset all my cpu settings etc...? Its so hard for me to resist an update, but at the same time it seems like a complete waste of time update packed iwth bloatware and improvements on things I dont use.

I got the update and installed it and really wish that I hadn't. Having been used to having a rooted Pro the past couple of months or so I forgot how slow the thing runs with all the bloatware not being frozen and how quickly the battery runs down. Hopefully there will be an update for Z4root soon that will work on this new build because I'm not having any luck with it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmurphy32 View Post
    I got the update and installed it and really wish that I hadn't. Having been used to having a rooted Pro the past couple of months or so I forgot how slow the thing runs with all the bloatware not being frozen and how quickly the battery runs down. Hopefully there will be an update for Z4root soon that will work on this new build because I'm not having any luck with it right now.
    I had exactly the same result, and also regretted installing the update.

Luckily I found a post on xda-developers where someone had used SuperOneClick v1.7 to re-root after the update.

I Googled it, found it, installed it, re-rooted, re-froze all the bloatware... happy again!

I'm very pleased with the update now, and can highly recommend SuperOneClick

Default received the update and rerooted again

Received the update and was able to root using the aroot method, z4root will not work .
    Download aRoot!

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

I'm a new droid pro owner, so I haven't even rooted yet, but I intend to after this update. If anyone is willing to list the specific things they've done after rooting to improve the performance or battery life of the phone, I'd really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    I had exactly the same result, and also regretted installing the update.

Luckily I found a post on xda-developers where someone had used SuperOneClick v1.7 to re-root after the update.

I Googled it, found it, installed it, re-rooted, re-froze all the bloatware... happy again!

I'm very pleased with the update now, and can highly recommend SuperOneClick
    Thanks for the tip about SuperOneClick. I'm still new to the Android OS (been using Blackberry since I was 17) and definitely enjoy learning all the new stuff. Rooted again and back in business!
    dlh

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG G2 stock

Quote Originally Posted by tnt118 View Post
    I'm a new droid pro owner, so I haven't even rooted yet, but I intend to after this update. If anyone is willing to list the specific things they've done after rooting to improve the performance or battery life of the phone, I'd really appreciate it!

I am with you. I want to root and will do so after I receive the update. Anyone have a step-by-step guide or list on what to do?
    Android Convert
    BB 7130e > BB Curve > BB Storm2 > Droid Pro > GNex > HTC One > LG G2
    Verizon > TMO

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

The update downloaded overnight on my phone.

Update downloaded but failed on install. Can anyone help me? My phone is NOT rooted. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Eighty_3; 04-22-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Neighborhood IT Pro

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I received a second update this morning, I wasn't able to see what it did before it started downloading. Any ideas what this updates?

Downloaded my update last night. I first noticed the standard text messaging and email apps look cleaner.

What does anyone else notice off the bat?
    Neighborhood IT Pro

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

App drawer stays open after you open an app. That's really all I noticed.

I got mine today- loaded just fine OTA, but noticed all of my email account Icons dissappeared- did a Battery pull (sounds like a BB) - and now all is oK- haven't noticed much of a difference
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Just got it and installed. Like everyone else here, I wish I hadn't. It updates the system version (not the android version still 2.2.1) it changed it to 3.8.7. Unrooted my phone and now I'm annoyed. Can't really see any main differences. Anyone know what it did?

also I forgot to add that for me after it updated instead of restarting by itself it left me in the boot menu where I needed to use the volume keys to get the option to reset.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I got it and you can't root it with superoneclick, downloaded aroot but there are no instructions, anyone know how to root with aroot?
    Last edited by 313zd; 04-22-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Got it earlier today. I am not rooted and don't see any differences.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Am I the ONLY one having a problem with installing this update? I get it downloaded just fine, but when I go to select update now, it shuts down and then starts the install process. However, after about 1/5 of the bar is filled, I get an exclamation point and notified that update failed. Someone please help.
    Last edited by Eighty_3; 04-23-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts

My wife updated yesterday. She was rooted with Z4root. She did NOT lose root after the update.
    Edit: she lost root access to some processes, but not others like access to the system files.
    Last edited by Tifoso; 04-23-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighty_3 View Post
    Am I the ONLY one having a problem with installing this update? I get it downloaded just fine, but when I go to select update now, it shuts down and then starts the install process. However, after about 1/5 of the bar is filled, I get an exclamation point and notified that update failed. Someone please help.
    I am having the same issue as well I don't know what to do..

Quote Originally Posted by Burkett1983 View Post
    I am having the same issue as well I don't know what to do..
    Sorry you are having the same issue, but I am glad to know I am not the ONLY one. I called Verizon and they are sending me a replacement (refurbished POS) on Monday. I am still wishful in thinking I can get this one to work before I have to activate the replacement. My DPro is immaculate with no scratches and has had a case and screen protector since I bought it brand new.

At this point, I am uncertain as to what is the best thing to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast