04-28-2011 07:50 PM
34 12
tools
    As the title says, has anyone been able to update their Pro with the new update? My phone says that my phone's software is up-to-date.
    04-15-2011 06:29 PM
    I got it pushed down to my phone this morning. Do we know what it's suppose to update?

Edit: Nevermind, found it here, looks like a lot of exchange updated and some bloatware.
    04-15-2011 09:12 PM
    As the title says, has anyone been able to update their Pro with the new update? My phone says that my phone's software is up-to-date.
    Nothing here in PA
    04-16-2011 08:08 AM
    when moto releases new updates, they will typically release it to a small group of people (10,000 or so) just to make sure its not doing anything crazy to devices, and then release it to the masses a week or so later.
    04-16-2011 04:26 PM
    If I update will I have to re-root and reset all my cpu settings etc...? Its so hard for me to resist an update, but at the same time it seems like a complete waste of time update packed iwth bloatware and improvements on things I dont use.
    04-16-2011 10:17 PM
    I got the update and installed it and really wish that I hadn't. Having been used to having a rooted Pro the past couple of months or so I forgot how slow the thing runs with all the bloatware not being frozen and how quickly the battery runs down. Hopefully there will be an update for Z4root soon that will work on this new build because I'm not having any luck with it right now.
    04-19-2011 06:40 PM
    I got the update and installed it and really wish that I hadn't. Having been used to having a rooted Pro the past couple of months or so I forgot how slow the thing runs with all the bloatware not being frozen and how quickly the battery runs down. Hopefully there will be an update for Z4root soon that will work on this new build because I'm not having any luck with it right now.
    I had exactly the same result, and also regretted installing the update.

Luckily I found a post on xda-developers where someone had used SuperOneClick v1.7 to re-root after the update.

I Googled it, found it, installed it, re-rooted, re-froze all the bloatware... happy again!

I'm very pleased with the update now, and can highly recommend SuperOneClick
    04-20-2011 05:12 AM
    Received the update and was able to root using the aroot method, z4root will not work .
    Download aRoot!
    04-20-2011 07:53 AM
    I'm a new droid pro owner, so I haven't even rooted yet, but I intend to after this update. If anyone is willing to list the specific things they've done after rooting to improve the performance or battery life of the phone, I'd really appreciate it!
    04-20-2011 02:18 PM
    I had exactly the same result, and also regretted installing the update.

Luckily I found a post on xda-developers where someone had used SuperOneClick v1.7 to re-root after the update.

I Googled it, found it, installed it, re-rooted, re-froze all the bloatware... happy again!

I'm very pleased with the update now, and can highly recommend SuperOneClick
    Thanks for the tip about SuperOneClick. I'm still new to the Android OS (been using Blackberry since I was 17) and definitely enjoy learning all the new stuff. Rooted again and back in business!
    04-20-2011 11:05 PM
    I'm a new droid pro owner, so I haven't even rooted yet, but I intend to after this update. If anyone is willing to list the specific things they've done after rooting to improve the performance or battery life of the phone, I'd really appreciate it!

I am with you. I want to root and will do so after I receive the update. Anyone have a step-by-step guide or list on what to do?
    04-21-2011 10:18 AM
    The update downloaded overnight on my phone.
    04-22-2011 03:25 AM
    Update downloaded but failed on install. Can anyone help me? My phone is NOT rooted. Thanks in advance.
    04-22-2011 09:59 AM
    I received a second update this morning, I wasn't able to see what it did before it started downloading. Any ideas what this updates?
    04-22-2011 10:03 AM
    Downloaded my update last night. I first noticed the standard text messaging and email apps look cleaner.

What does anyone else notice off the bat?
    04-22-2011 11:33 AM
    App drawer stays open after you open an app. That's really all I noticed.
    04-22-2011 01:15 PM
    I got mine today- loaded just fine OTA, but noticed all of my email account Icons dissappeared- did a Battery pull (sounds like a BB) - and now all is oK- haven't noticed much of a difference
    04-22-2011 03:31 PM
    Just got it and installed. Like everyone else here, I wish I hadn't. It updates the system version (not the android version still 2.2.1) it changed it to 3.8.7. Unrooted my phone and now I'm annoyed. Can't really see any main differences. Anyone know what it did?
    04-22-2011 09:30 PM
    also I forgot to add that for me after it updated instead of restarting by itself it left me in the boot menu where I needed to use the volume keys to get the option to reset.
    04-22-2011 09:32 PM
    I got it and you can't root it with superoneclick, downloaded aroot but there are no instructions, anyone know how to root with aroot?
    04-22-2011 09:45 PM
    Got it earlier today. I am not rooted and don't see any differences.
    04-23-2011 01:18 AM
    Am I the ONLY one having a problem with installing this update? I get it downloaded just fine, but when I go to select update now, it shuts down and then starts the install process. However, after about 1/5 of the bar is filled, I get an exclamation point and notified that update failed. Someone please help.
    04-23-2011 07:08 AM
    My wife updated yesterday. She was rooted with Z4root. She did NOT lose root after the update.
    Edit: she lost root access to some processes, but not others like access to the system files.
    04-23-2011 08:34 AM
    Am I the ONLY one having a problem with installing this update? I get it downloaded just fine, but when I go to select update now, it shuts down and then starts the install process. However, after about 1/5 of the bar is filled, I get an exclamation point and notified that update failed. Someone please help.
    I am having the same issue as well I don't know what to do..
    04-23-2011 10:26 PM
    I am having the same issue as well I don't know what to do..
    Sorry you are having the same issue, but I am glad to know I am not the ONLY one. I called Verizon and they are sending me a replacement (refurbished POS) on Monday. I am still wishful in thinking I can get this one to work before I have to activate the replacement. My DPro is immaculate with no scratches and has had a case and screen protector since I bought it brand new.

At this point, I am uncertain as to what is the best thing to do.
    04-24-2011 06:58 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD