1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default 3.8.7 OTA, Booooo!

Woke up today and there was an update on my Pro. Before I knew what I did, like an *****, I clicked the install key. After shouting obscenities I pulled the battery, too late!
    Now that I have the latest push from Verizon Z4root will NOT root my device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rerun the Z4root.....nada.
    When you run Z4 it appears to root, loads the superuser icon but if you go back to the Z4 program it errors out. I tried SuperOneClick 1.7, I load the program up, connect my phone, DO NOT set it to usb mass storage, click ROOT and it just sits there saying waiting for phone to connect.
    I'm rootless, anybody have suggestions?
    Z
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

UPDATE: Didn't install the Moto USB drivers. Installed and then SuperOneClick 1.7 started to work but.....it says it's rooted but it's not. Acts the same as Z4Root, installs superuser but I have no root level access. The problem is now when I unroot using SuperOneClick, it's says that superuser isn't installed although it is. This sucks

I had the same problem with SuperOneClick, you need to go to manage apps find superuser and "clear data" also "clear cache"

that worked for me.

Default SuperOneClick 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by 313zd View Post
    Woke up today and there was an update on my Pro. Before I knew what I did, like an *****, I clicked the install key. After shouting obscenities I pulled the battery, too late!
    Now that I have the latest push from Verizon Z4root will NOT root my device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rerun the Z4root.....nada.
    When you run Z4 it appears to root, loads the superuser icon but if you go back to the Z4 program it errors out. I tried SuperOneClick 1.7, I load the program up, connect my phone, DO NOT set it to usb mass storage, click ROOT and it just sits there saying waiting for phone to connect.
    I'm rootless, anybody have suggestions?
    Z
    i had to run it twice the SuperOneClick 1.7 i am rooted and loving it

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

ARoot worked for me.