Motorla Droid Pro Coming to Sprint

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If that is true, I don't see how they could possibly hope to sell any of that new Samsung Replenish.

By the way, if Sprint does get this phone, will it be called something else? I was under the impression that "Droid" was a Verizon-specific branding term.....

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
to the last 2 posters... what do you love about the phone and how does it compare it to blackberries. i am thinking about getting this phone for Sprint over the rumored bold touch mainly for its size and screen.

steven521

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a bb for about 5 years and love it..when i switched to the pro I still had a keyboard but the os is faster the interface is faster and the apps for the droid are a lot better than those of bb..there are a lot of apps for business and now that they push the email out asap it makes the phone just that much better...

dougsyo

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have an Evo now, but want a phone with a keyboard (portrait is a bonus). knowing Sprint was going to get their own version, I stopped at the local Verizon company store to check it out. I admit I was kinda disappointed when I saw the keyboard was even smaller than a nearby Blackberry.

I am wondering about the combination of small keyboard and smaller screen (I knew it had lower resolution, but until I saw it, I didn't realize the whole phone was smaller than my Evo). Since Verizon only had a non-working dummy model (that surprised me too), I will withhold judgment until I see a working model.

Doug

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
i have a quicky question... do u think that the droid xprt aka pro will get a 2.3 gingerbread update being it was just released to sprint and its new and its running 2.2..... what are the chances?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i have a quicky question... do u think that the droid xprt aka pro will get a 2.3 gingerbread update being it was just released to sprint and its new and its running 2.2..... what are the chances?

The Sprint version will get Gingerbread, not on release date but it will, also the Sprint version has a bigger battery, meaning it has a longer battery life compared to the Verizon one.:D

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If this phone had 4G I'd be all over it. I love the form factor, but as soon as I upgrade they're gonna hit me with that $10/month data fee, and I sure hate to pay that without getting 4G out of it.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint version will get Gingerbread, not on release date but it will, also the Sprint version has a bigger battery, meaning it has a longer battery life compared to the Verizon one.:D

i can definitely agree on the longer battery life.. using the phone all day texting hours on phone, playing games and just messing with phone, when it was time to charge at night it still had 60% battery life, and thats with heavy usage, not to shabby for a android device.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
If this phone had 4G I'd be all over it. I love the form factor, but as soon as I upgrade they're gonna hit me with that $10/month data fee, and I sure hate to pay that without getting 4G out of it.

i agree with u in someways if your gonna pay the extra 10 bucks to get at least 4g no doubt anyone would. but 4g is still in its baby stage and will not blanket the country till at least 2013 both Sprint AT&T and Verizon. So even if you do get a 4g device you wont be able to use it cross country, least not yet.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, had this bad boy for a few days already and I'm extremely happy with it. NOW i have a few question for those who are in the know of this device or the Pro version. one of the stock icons i have here is a task manager is that the same as a task killer? and if not should i get a task killer or a different version of it? also in the home screen i have 5 pages but 3 pages are showing. a systems page where it shows wifi connect gps and airplane mode, and the other screen shows messages and calender. my question is i have 2 addition pages that are empty can i remove those pages or can i move those icons so i have less home pages to flip over?

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
OK gotta another question for you.. i don't know if its a problem with the phone, but i been trying to save a calender event in my phone, I'm not a ****** i know how to input information in it time day and all and i saved it. but i go and check it again and the even is not there. it deletes itself, i have save it a bunch of times on phone and same thing it deletes it... i do have to note there is another event that same day but much later can that be an issue?
lastly i was able to get the info saved BUT i used my Google calender from my PC. but why did it delete itself when i was doing it from the phone?

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an Epic 4g but I've been missing the portrait keyboard experience I once had on my Pre. Would anyone suggest making the switch?

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an Epic 4g but I've been missing the portrait keyboard experience I once had on my Pre. Would anyone suggest making the switch?

Just made the switch from an Epic 4G, I am happy since all of the games that I played on my Epic play here just fine. The native email client works waaaay better as well, before I had to use Mail Droid or K9 Mail and Touchdown for Exchange. Now I just use the native email app that comes with the XPRT.

One thing is that the Super AMOLED screen is of course nicer and you get more screen real estate on the Epic, however, I am just fine with what the XPRT has, games look good on it, in direct sunlight, I had no issues viewing the screen. On pictures, that is where you will really notice and miss the resolution and screen quality difference (and of course video) but nothing earth shattering.

I also noticed that some of the higher end video I took with the Epic will not play on the XPRT. I downloaded Mobo Player and allows the file to show under software rendering. There may be other differences between them but so far I am happy with this new phone. Give it a try, you will have 30 days to take it back with possibly only a re-stocking fee.

I missed this style of phone but now I have some power behind it compared to the Pixi, and my old Windows Mobile Treo. I think the battery life and non-slide keyboard will be the biggest things for me. Getting my Epic ready for Ebay :)

burrari

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for about a week its great phone... way faster than a blackberry had a bold 9650 from sprint like the the xprt/pro a lot more, btw does anyone know where i can get a good slim case for this phone??

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Definitely getting the Droid XPRT, perfect combo, even though the keyboard could be be better...I'm ok with it, though. Android plus candybar style kb...perfect phone for me! Can't wait to get it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol