Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Did the install today...Worked great. Thanks for the awesome instructions!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

THANK YOU!

I was checking every couple of hours for an OTA and was starting to feel like a crazy person. Haven't had it on for more then 10 minutes are already love the new look and feel. Tomorrow we will see if battery life is any better, which would just be awesome.

-ry
    8330 5.0/.230 lyricidal hybrid --> Storm 9550 .428 --> 8530 .734 ---> Droid Pro 2.3.3 --> Galaxy Nexus
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by rynbeed View Post
    THANK YOU!

I was checking every couple of hours for an OTA and was starting to feel like a crazy person. Haven't had it on for more then 10 minutes are already love the new look and feel. Tomorrow we will see if battery life is any better, which would just be awesome.

-ry
    I was the same way, which is why I posted it to make it clearer for others. Battery life seems about the same but it's been a light day for me so far.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvisconti View Post
    Tried doing this twice.. can't seem to find the fix for the problem I am and the others are seeing. I don't see the "update.zip" file to remove. Help?
    1 Download the file Droid pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP

2. use a program like winzip or aladin expander to extract it. This will create a folder Droid pro 2.3.3 update or something similar

3. Inside this folder you will find another zip file called update.zip
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Is anyone else with GB having problems with battery life?

That would be me also having problems with battery with gb

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

Thanks OP for the update file! I was trying to update my dad's Pro for days to no avail. The update went flawlessly! Went from 1001 in quadrant to over 1600 after GB! Amazing how fast this little phone really is.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

I just did this install and it worked perfectly ! WOW what a difference- ! Thank you so much for the download and perfect instructions. TO anyone else- be sure your phone has a solid charge and be patient while it loads the zip file- it took about 10 or so minutes- then re-booting about 3-5 more-

Cool ! Thank you again-
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Been running GB for over 24 hrs now. Battery life has improved greatly. switching between apps/screen much fast and more fluid. Enjoy the new dock on the homescreen and the ability to create groups for apps. was not able to get corporate email before do to a certificate policy but with GB i am now able to. only complaint is that there is still an issue with connecting to wifi's with 802.1x encryption. have to use the wifi advanced configuration editor app to change setting to get a connection.

Anyone got root for GB on Droid Pro yet?

I am out of the country for the summer so I would not have gotten the OTA update - I followed the instructions and it worked just fine on my Droid Pro - Thanks

PS: For those of you out of the country like me - remember it WILL turn back on Data Roaming - be sure to go back and uncheck it or you might run up a huge data bill.

PPS: My solution for using both my Droid Pro and my Xoom for the summer out side of the country (Background: As of time of this posting Verizon is charging $100.00 for 70mb of data the second 70 mb is $350.00 and there after - I typically using about 3gigs a month so do the math - because I cant) the solution I found was to go to the local provider in this case a company call EMT and get a huawei e5 wifi cell router for about $110 and get a unlimited 6dn/2up package for $15.00
    Last edited by obeckles; 06-07-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Adding something

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Day 1 there seem to be a huge increase in battery life. By the end of my normal work day the battery is down to 40%, yellow by the time I make it home. Today with the same use it was at 60%. I'll take it.

That and everything seems to be running way smoother.

I just bought the 1700 battery... maybe I'll be able to use my phone without it dieing at the end of my day, everyday (slight exaggeration).
    8330 5.0/.230 lyricidal hybrid --> Storm 9550 .428 --> 8530 .734 ---> Droid Pro 2.3.3 --> Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

Quote Originally Posted by jamoiholland View Post
    Anyone got root for GB on Droid Pro yet?
    For the moment 2.3.3 for the Droid Pro/X/2 is not rootable once it is already installed. p3droid created a pre-rooted install for the DroidX but I haven't seen one yet for the Pro. The Pro doesn't have the dev community that the X does so you're going to have to hold out for a root method that works across handsets like z4root did.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCreep View Post
    For the moment 2.3.3 for the Droid Pro/X/2 is not rootable once it is already installed. p3droid created a pre-rooted install for the DroidX but I haven't seen one yet for the Pro. The Pro doesn't have the dev community that the X does so you're going to have to hold out for a root method that works across handsets like z4root did.
    No problem, thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep a lookout for a universal root in future fingers crossed...

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts

A friend was looking at my wife's pro that got the OTA update, and now wants GB on hers as well. One thing she doesn't want to do is have to set the phone back with all of her apps and data information if she can avoid it. Wife got it OTA so she didn't have to set her account up again like she would had she installed a leaked build. Does manually updating the Pro with the stock recovery method wipe all of the data and cache, or can I manually apply the update.zip and send her on her way without having to activate her phone and re-download all of her apps?
    dlh

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG G2 stock

When I did the update manually I was worried about that too. But everything came back. No problems what-so-ever. Of course all google cloud based contacts came back but all my screen layouts and DL apps and preferences were all kept intact.

On my old BB, it would have taken me hours to get everything back to where it was. Love the Droid!
    Android Convert
    BB 7130e > BB Curve > BB Storm2 > Droid Pro > GNex > HTC One > LG G2
    Verizon > TMO
    Thanked by:
    Tifoso 

I did this to the Wife's Pro a few days ago and everything went flawlessly. The one complaint she has though is that the battery life is pretty bad. She used to make it through a whole day, now its dead around 8PM. anyone else experiencing poor battery life?

ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Finally decided to do it manually. Left all my settings intact which is important since I'm not on a VZW network or in the US. The only thing I noticed was that the Motorola Clock widget wouldn't resize as before. Oh well, I'll just have to test the Market.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Can anyone point me to a file to get back to stock ROM? I was dumb and did not do a backup. Not rooted either. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Does anyone know how to get into Recovery Mode after applying GB? I power-up holding down the Power, <R> and <M> key and I get the triangle with the exclamation mark but then pressing <@> does nothing. The only way out (IFAIK) is a battery pull.

At one point I thought I needed to re-apply the update and tried this with no luck. Did we lose Recovery Mode with GB or is it me ??

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wittregr View Post
    Does anyone know how to get into Recovery Mode after applying GB? I power-up holding down the Power, <R> and <M> key and I get the triangle with the exclamation mark but then pressing <@> does nothing. The only way out (IFAIK) is a battery pull.

At one point I thought I needed to re-apply the update and tried this with no luck. Did we lose Recovery Mode with GB or is it me ??
    I just tried it on mine and got the same results you did... So I'm not quite sure if this means we lost it or not... Let's hope we didn't!!!

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

The upgrade worked. It did take quite a while for the first boot. The interface is is little different and it will take a little while to get used to. I did have to reload emails from the server and I think that is causing initial sluggish performance. I'll wait a bit before I make a final evaluation.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dbregman View Post
    The upgrade worked. It did take quite a while for the first boot. The interface is is little different and it will take a little while to get used to. I did have to reload emails from the server and I think that is causing initial sluggish performance. I'll wait a bit before I make a final evaluation.
    Both of these are expected.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

just finished loading GB...thank you...ive been paitiently waiting for Gingerbread since i found out about the update right after i bought the phone off my friend.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ravage View Post
    just finished loading GB...thank you...ive been paitiently waiting for Gingerbread since i found out about the update right after i bought the phone off my friend.
    Glad my post was help full :-)

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast