Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: How To: Update To Gingerbrad Manually

Thank you for that extremely informative response. I understand it a lot better now. I have had hardly any noticeable problems with GB so far, and I'm rather content if this is what I have to stick with. I will admit that I had to do a factory reset today because of a text messaging Force Close issue that would not fix itself, but I doubt this had to do with GB as it is working perfectly now. Other than that and the keyboard backlight issue, I am extremely happy with what I have, so I'm not too worried. Thanks again!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by clarinethero214 View Post
    Thank you for that extremely informative response. I understand it a lot better now. I have had hardly any noticeable problems with GB so far, and I'm rather content if this is what I have to stick with. I will admit that I had to do a factory reset today because of a text messaging Force Close issue that would not fix itself, but I doubt this had to do with GB as it is working perfectly now. Other than that and the keyboard backlight issue, I am extremely happy with what I have, so I'm not too worried. Thanks again!
    You're welcome
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Any luck having the zip file for newest update? I have 2.3.3 leak installed and rooted. OTA updates does not show anything,

Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by jzamoras View Post
    Any luck having the zip file for newest update? I have 2.3.3 leak installed and rooted. OTA updates does not show anything,

Thanks!
    The build at the beginning of this thread is the one that Moto sent out to a limited number of people in the Moto Feedback Network and promptly pulled because the DX update was such a disaster.

Is there a newer update? I wasn't aware of it. As for your question: no if you are on anything but the last official build (in this case a specific build of Froyo), installed the check for updates screen wont detect anything and you wont be pushed anything. Also if you are rooted and install an OTA update it will likely brick your phone or at least screw something up.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

thanks for the help, VZW

so, do I have to unroot first and then install the 4.6.8 update? for the record, the leak has 4.6.4 version.

what does happen with frozen apps when the phone is unrooted?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

thanks for the help, VZW

so, do I have to unroot first and then install the 4.6.8 update? for the record, the leak has 4.6.4 version.

what does happen with frozen apps when the phone is unrooted?
    You will need to un-fresze the apps, un-root, install the upgrade, then hope your root method works on the new version and root again.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

last question, where can I get the ota upgrade in a zip file? thanks!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

last question, where can I get the ota upgrade in a zip file? thanks!
    No idea. I didn't even know there was one available. Besides an OTA update file would not work for those of us on unofficial builds anyway. We will need an RUU file and no ieas about that either.

If you fine links to either one please post them to this thread with my thanks.

I'm sorry if that has been said already - what is the recommended process for update to the new release (OTA from Verizon from October) if I have installed just the June update?

Revert back to 2.2 and do OTA?
    Is the revert done by booting to menu and select Factory reset?

thanks

i have HTC MAgic Did It Will Works!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by jeton007 View Post
    i have HTC MAgic Did It Will Works!
    The instructions and update file listed in this thread are ONLY for the Motorola Droid PRO.

ROM
    Harmonia 2/ICS AOKP

For some reason I cannot move the update.zip file from the external SD card, using ASTRO, to the main root menu. It is extracted and all but the error message says: FileNotFoundException (Read-Only file system).
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

Hello everyone

I am using the droid pro (outside US) on gsm network. I wanted to update to gingerbread but I keep getting the status 7 error. I did a factory reset, wiped the cache, but still the same message. I am running the version 2.26.2.XT610.Verizon.en.US.

Could someone please help? Could it be because of the firmware? Being outside US, I cannot to OTA firmware update and I can't seem to find a way to do that from a downloaded file.

Thanks!

I get an error at the boot screen after I select "Apply sd card:update.zip" It says Error in "that file" and Status 7 . I tried and retried..but the same..Pls Help
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Apavaloaie View Post
    I get an error at the boot screen after I select "Apply sd card:update.zip" It says Error in "that file" and Status 7 . I tried and retried..but the same..Pls Help
    Either the file had become corrupted or you need to clear your casche (from the recovery menu. Do it twice to make sure )

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234