What's your favorite rom and why?

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone. I just got into rom flashing and what not, and I just was wanting to know what everybody's favorite roms are and why? Maybe add some screen shots if you'd like. So far I've only tried JRummy's remix stock and Ultimate Droid V10 with N1 boot animation. So lets just hear some positive feedback!!

Thanks!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Zeus-Droid desire alpha its the shiznet once the ril is done I will call it the best. Fall back is cyanogen mod

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No not yet. But here is a link for install instructions.
[Release] Zeusdroid Desire Alpha Release [ROM]
If you don't want to use that method to partition your sdcard use Rom manager just make sure you have 256 swap. And read the bug list data calls don't work right can't receive calls on 3g but you can call out though they don't work right

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Jrummy remix is what I've been using for quite a while. Very stable with Bekit's low voltage kernel doesn't get too warm overclocked.

Thebizz, what is ril?

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
No not yet. But here is a link for install instructions.
[Release] Zeusdroid Desire Alpha Release [ROM]
If you don't want to use that method to partition your sdcard use Rom manager just make sure you have 256 swap. And read the bug list data calls don't work right can't receive calls on 3g but you can call out though they don't work right

thanks buddy i appreciate it. can i put my data back on my sd card once i partition it? or will that take up the ram that i need? well luckily i have a spare sd card and thanks for the info i'm about to put this on my phone right now :)

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
thanks buddy i appreciate it. can i put my data back on my sd card once i partition it? or will that take up the ram that i need? well luckily i have a spare sd card and thanks for the info i'm about to put this on my phone right now :)

Yes you can add it back it takes up less than a gig of space when you partition

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It's a nandroid backup. You need to extract the folder and place it inside the nandroid folder on your sd card. Then just boot into recovery, choose advanced nandroid restore, select the rom and install.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much anything good right now is a version of Cyanogenmod (don't know if this was said or not).

I like Nextheme or stock, personally.

maladroid

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Zeus-Droid desire alpha its the shiznet once the ril is done I will call it the best. Fall back is cyanogen mod

I agree! I'm using it right now. You have have HTC's Sense UI on your droid! The best widgets exclusive to HTC, a much prettier interface with iphone-like smoothness, and Flash support! The rom comes with flash lite, which no other rom currently provides.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Jrummy remix is what I've been using for quite a while. Very stable with Bekit's low voltage kernel doesn't get too warm overclocked.

Thebizz, what is ril?

I've been looking at JRummy Remix all day wondering if I should switch from NexTheme to that. How do you apply the kernals? On Nextheme I can only overclock to 600MHz. =(

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think you go into rom manager, hit menu and go into settings, then enable advanced mode. Now go back to download roms and you can download the kernals for overclocking.

I used JRummy and it went well till I used a theme. How is NexTheme?? whats different?

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at JRummy Remix all day wondering if I should switch from NexTheme to that. How do you apply the kernals? On Nextheme I can only overclock to 600MHz. =(

download em and rename up to update.zip and install in recovery.... or you could do it like mr miagi said in rom manager

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I think you go into rom manager, hit menu and go into settings, then enable advanced mode. Now go back to download roms and you can download the kernals for overclocking.

I used JRummy and it went well till I used a theme. How is NexTheme?? whats different?

On that note, you do not need to wipe anything or backup (usually, use your own judgement) to do that - it will download, ask to reboot, install in recovery, and then you are enabled.

Make sure to select "autodetect" in setCPU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith