writing code

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
do i have to write code or modify the code? Do i just install the apk file onto the sd card? I need some help please.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I think I found the answer but thanks for the help anyway. I didn't know if I needed to write code to root and install roms. You do but it is provided for you in the video I watched. I am not a programmer but love the custom ROMS.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
huh??? when do you need to write code to root and install roms? for root access you can use RSD lite, which doesn't involve code and then for roms all you need to do is flash a recovery sprecovery or clockwork and then install zip. unless your looking at a harder way to do so or a specific rom that i am unaware of

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
bitfix- i was watching the videos that cory posted on how to root and install roms. On the video the guy puts in like 3 small lines of code but I think it was to enable recovery to block OTA updates. I am new to droid and have not rooted before, I think I just jumped the gun and got nervous. I am definitely not a programmer,haha.
sorry for the confusion, rookie mistake.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Its all good. Welcome the the rooters palace Haha. Keep in mind the video Cory posted was for 2.0,1. Your going to have to go about it differently if your running 2.1 from my knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non