just rooted but after backup no permissions?

chaluxedeluxe

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
So i just rooted 2.1 and checked and had superuser permissions but after i went back into SPRecovery to restore my contacts and such with a Nandroid restore I dont have the superuser permissions.. i'm new to this but is there a way to keep root and restore all my contacts and apps?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Im not sure why that would happen but out of curiosity why do you need sprecovery to pull up contacts and apps. When you log into your google account your contacts and purchased apps should b be automatically added. The apps you will just have to download again. Also you can use titanium backup which is in themarket to backup you apps and app data so you dont have to start from scratch.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You can't selectively restore contacts/apps/settings with a nandroid backup. It backs up everything so restoring an old backup overwrites your current image. Sounds like you restored a non-rooted image. As said, contacts and paid apps should be synched with your google account.

chaluxedeluxe

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
ok i did sync and then re rooted now but it was all a pain.. now that i have contacts settings etc, can i nandroid backup the new rooted image and it will work when i change roms?

or everytime i change a rom i have to sync and redownload and re place everything all over again?

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
you will have to restore everytime you go to a different rom unless you don't wipe before you install the different rom, but then you will probably have problems with errors if you don't wipe. (Unless you're are just upgrading to a new version of the rom, such as cyanogenmod 5.0.6.0 to 5.0.6.2 for example). your contacts and paid apps will resync themselves on their own though. I use "Titanium backup" to restore all my apps and relink them to the market. I then use "mybackup pro" to restore my homepages back to how they were.