Bugless Beast Questions

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm fairly new to the whole ROM and 'hacking' thing with the Droid, but this is what I've done so far...

Rooted with SPRecovery (it all worked correctly)
Installed ROM Manager (recommended by Bugless Beast Author)
Installed ClockworkMod Recover via ROM Manager (lite version)
Downloaded, then installed Bugless Best V1 via ROM Manager.

That got me to Bugless Beast, but I had nothing but problems from there. Several of the stock apps were gone (alarm clock, calculator, etc), it would hang all the time, some apps wouldn't run. I'm not sure I had it correctly installed.

I wiped data and cache before installing it, but something didn't seem right. There are supposed to be 3 different kernels to choose from, as well as bunch of other options, but I never saw anywhere to choose at all.

Is restoring all my apps and app data, but not system data, via Titanium Backup a problem after installing Bugless Beast? I screwed up the first time and restored system data too and it overwrote most of the Bugless Beast data. I had to do a full nandroid restore back to 2.1 rooted, then install Bugless Beast again. It was still screwed up then though.

So what am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to restore just the apps and app data after upgrading the ROM? Is there a way to upgrade it without wiping the apps? Redownloading and installing 50 apps and losing the data isn't something I want to contemplate.

Ideally I'd just like to run the stock 2.1 rooted ROM overclocked to 800mhz. That's all I'm really trying to accomplish, but I haven't found a way to do it.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
In ROM Manager, you will actually see a 2.1 option with the Root. You can download and run that, and then select your overclock kernel of choice and push that to your device if you wanted.

R

Roy Aguilera

How do I push just the OC kernel? I've found where I can update the ROM, but not just the kernel.
Go to the Cyanogen section and find either Bekit's kernels or P3's kernels.
Then download and it will install them on its own from there.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I managed to get the bekit 800Mhz LV 7X installed through the recovery. ROM Manager wouldn't reboot into recovery mode, so I did it manually. 800 MHZ seems to be the sweet spot for me. It runs like I think the droid is supposed to. Much snappier response. Everything else works, so I'm happy.

Thanks for the help. Newbs gotta learn somewhere... :)

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Glad you got it all set up and it works how you expected it to. :)

800 is a nice place to be, no worries of real heat issues, nice and snappy. Its a great overall improvement.

R

Roy Aguilera

Ok, I managed to get the bekit 800Mhz LV 7X installed through the recovery. ROM Manager wouldn't reboot into recovery mode, so I did it manually. 800 MHZ seems to be the sweet spot for me. It runs like I think the droid is supposed to. Much snappier response. Everything else works, so I'm happy.

Thanks for the help. Newbs gotta learn somewhere... :)

And that the beauty of it. You learn by doing. Its too hard to brick your Droid. Have fun.