rooting is it worth it?

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
is it worth the trouble to root if i really only wanna change the looks/lock screen and stuff? i know jailbreaking my ipod if i screwed up i can always get it back is rooting same way can i always get my droid back or if i root and screw up im out of a phone?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely I love being rooted opens up the true powered of the Droid. If that's all you want to Di give it a shot. Their are sbfs out that will restore your phone if you brick it. But you must follow the steps with that because if done wring an and can make your phone unrecoverable. All I can say is try it. If you don't Luke it you can always revert

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
is it worth the trouble to root if i really only wanna change the looks/lock screen and stuff? i know jailbreaking my ipod if i screwed up i can always get it back is rooting same way can i always get my droid back or if i root and screw up im out of a phone?

Yes.

10char

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
ok is there a good step by step on how to root i am running 2.1, oh and i need a usb cable first huh >_< gota go pick one up hmm where to get one locally

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
and thanks for the help this forums is great i've posted probly some dumb questions in my first few days of ownership but always gotten some sort of answer

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
and thanks for the help this forums is great i've posted probly some dumb questions in my first few days of ownership but always gotten some sort of answer

This is the friendlist forum you will find around.
P.S.
Look at the other thread about the lockscreen.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
wow watched video on rooting its easier than jailbreaking my ipod, only thing is seems like you have to revert to 2.0.1 not be on 2.1 in order to root

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i c that you only need to put a file onto your sd card and then run it from your phone so do you need a usb cable or can you just put your card in reader and put file on then put it back in your phone

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
the only way i would unroot is if i were told i could get 2.2 tommorrow
then i would do a full system dump and hand it to all the droid just so i can root again with 2.2

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all -

Well, I can say from experience, rooting is the way to go. I'm running Cyanogen now, and I'm loving it. I'm overclocked to 1.0 ghz and I'm stable...this thing is nuts.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

dude, rooting the droid is the best thing that has ever happened to it. i can't even imagine having a droid that is stock after rooting. it's honestly not even hard either, it takes about 10 minutes to flash sprecovery and install a custom rom. HANDS DOWN ITS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Probly gunna stay stock for a bit then grab a usb cable and give it a go need to do more reading have no idea what rom to use or if I wanna go custom etc

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Probly gunna stay stock for a bit then grab a usb cable and give it a go need to do more reading have no idea what rom to use or if I wanna go custom etc

Once rooted, you can relatively seamlessly switch back and forth and try out all sorts of different ROMs. I've tried out all versions of BB within the last few days just trying to decide which theme I like better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87