Droid Icons for Windows PC

TheHeartlessHero

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I will probably forget about posting here (no offence), but as one of the bigger android forums, I decided to post this here as well. I hang out mostly on the Crackberry forums and have been making icons for various devices for recognition in Windows. This wasn't a particularly hard feat and as such, I don't plan to boast. So here is 2 Droid icons and 1 Android logo icon that you can use in your devices. I have attached the new Android logo icon to this thread and updated the download link below for all 5 other icons. Also updated the picture to show all Android specific icons made so far.

These icons will make it so Windows will display the icon and label contained in the files. You can edit the label to make it show whatever you'd like. The files go into the root of the droids memory. i.e. E:\. The image below is the icons by themselves. So the text shown here is the filename of the .ico file. After you have added the .ico file and autorun.inf file to the root of your device, you can reconnect and see the icon and label display under My Computer.

I accept requests as well. Please let me know what you guys think.

droidicons.jpg

NOTE: Make sure you have Mass Storage Mode Support enabled on your phone and set as the connection type when connected to your PC.

Well, I cannot upload files larger than 100kb and the Droid icons are about 200kb compressed. So I am zipping those together for download at the link below. The only attachment here will be the Android logo. The white colors were inverted to make it stand out better as an icon. I do apologize for both inconveniences.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum, would a moderator please move it to the appropriate place? Thank you.

To see more of my icons, check out the Crackberry thread below.
http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blackberry-icons-pc-197803/

Download Link for Motorola Droid Icons (Set of 5)
droid_icons.zip

I updated the link above to include the 2 new Droid and new Eris icons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Junior Passos

TheHeartlessHero

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You guys are welcome. Very happy to share my creations and help others make their phone a bit more personal. However, after doing these, I just recently found the Droid with the "eye" on the screen compared to normal phone information. I may make 2 more with those pictures for even more choice :)

But yea, if you guys want an icon for anything, phone, logo, etc, just send me a message and I'll make it for you guys. You can also check out my crackberry links, I already have icons there for devices like iPhone, PSP, Moto Razr v3m, Gatorade logo, Evil Monkey from Family Guy and more!

TheHeartlessHero

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm bumping this thread as I have updated it to include another Android logo, 2 new Droid icons, and one for the Droid Eris. Probably the last Droid related icons but I may be doing some for other android devices such as the hero, moment, g1, etc soon.

shakirah

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone!
This Shakirah!
Good job Guys!
Congrats!
Keep up the good work!
Im new in this site!
Im happy to be one of the member on this site!
Thanks to all!
Good Luck!...

rastaman01

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
HTC Incredible

I know it's been a while since there was a post on this thread, but I have an HTC Incredible (with Verizon) and I created my own icon to use.

The phone does not retain the autorun.inf file... anyone know what to do in this case?

I've added that and the autorun.inf file to the root folder of each of the SD card and the phone mass storage. It works fine until I safely remove and unplug my phone. Then I suspect the "Preparing Phone Storage" process when my phone returns on its own is what's causing the problem.

I've gone around it on my machine only by setting the actual drive letter's default icon to what I want, but it is not logical if I use this in any other computer (and may cause problems with icons for other drives that adopt the same letters).

Anyone know what to do?