1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Default Overheating & Battery Drain

I have been playing with a couple of roms. My Droid is now overheating at the simplest of tasks just viewing email or browser. Also my battery is draining on standby full charge in about 4 hours.

Also anyone recommend a rom I have tried Bugless Beast and also Koush but heard some others are pretty good?

Thanks

Jeff

*Edit: I got the system wipe will see if this fixes the issue. Waiting to see what happens.
    Last edited by jjenson; 05-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

I'm using bugless with the 1ghz kernel. With launcher pro. works fast smooth and cool temps. even with heavy use gets a lil warm but not hot. battery life decent for what I do with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jjimenez09 View Post
    I'm using bugless with the 1ghz kernel. With launcher pro. works fast smooth and cool temps. even with heavy use gets a lil warm but not hot. battery life decent for what I do with the phone.
    I have the same setup and believe it or not, I think my phone runs cooler but its still wicked fast. In fact, the fastest ROM I've used to date.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Yeah I have bugless beast at 1ghz as well I just flas adwlauncher seems nice to far but miss 4 icons on the bottom to stay sticky.

I think one of the other roms cause the issue cause its been running much cooler since doing a factory wipe.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

ok wait. do you have setcpu set to measure the temp of the battery or cpu. i had a very similiar issue and i found out that it was because i had it using the temp from my cpu.

if that is the case, change it to battery and see if that helps
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

I am using setcpu but I don't see that setting.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Its under the profiles. When you open profile scroll to the bottom where is lets you set the temperature setting. Click modify and at top of the new box should give you the option to set it to the temp of battery or CPU. Set it to the battery if it isn't already.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

well got it solved just did a syxtem wipe and reinstalled buglessbeast. Working good now been on for 8 hours with heavy usage. Still got lots of battery left.

The guys at here at Android Central did a REALLY good write up on how to get the most out of your battery, when I unplug my phone (around 9am) I am at 60% by midnight.

Keeping Your Charge
    The Pipester has spoken.

Nexus 5 (Rooted/Xposed/GravityBox)
    Nexus 7 (Stock)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

This was something different pipester thanks for that though. Mine was cause of a rom problem somewhere one of the kernals I flashed or something like that.

My battery would be dead with no usage on a full charge in about 4 hours. When normally I can run it all day without issue. Now I got it all sorted. Still getting a little hot but I will look into that issue now.