Just rooted and installed my first rom

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Finally after doing some reading took the plunge and rooted my phone. I installed Bugless beast 1.0 @ 800mhz, and all I can say is wow, why didnt I do this sooner. It works so much smoother and quicker its awesome.

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't seem like its to hot, at least not any warmer than it seemed to get running at stock. I'm really liking it though, this is awesome.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I just did a bit of web browsing and checked the temp with set CPU, and it said it was around 51 celcius, is that to hot?

that's a little warm not anything you should be worried about tho that will damage your phone. what i would do is set some profiles in setcpu and set the failsafe profile to go back to 550 or 600 mhz max once it reaches 50 celcius just to be safe. that's always what i have done when OCing and i have never had a problem before. i have had kernels installed up to 1.3 ghz and never had a problem as long as you have that failsafe profile set you will never have to worrie about your phone overheating and also i would download temp monitor in the market as well and in settings force the cpu temp in notification bar or if you like your notification bar clear of things atleast have it show when the app is opened. default it shows just the battery temp.

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Lol, oh how things change in a week. I became flash crazy for a few days trying all the different roms from Bugless Beast. Ive finally settled on the new NexBeast 1.1 Rom running the bekit kernal @800mhz. I tried P3's kernals but they didnt seem as good on battery life or heat on my phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Try jakes kernels their good. Congrats on root be safe read up. Our CPU can take 74c but its not good for the surrounding parts. All I can say is flash flash flash. Learn what good for you. As all phones are different. Learn adb and everything else you can at one point you will need it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Try jakes kernels their good. Congrats on root be safe read up. Our CPU can take 74c but its not good for the surrounding parts. All I can say is flash flash flash. Learn what good for you. As all phones are different. Learn adb and everything else you can at one point you will need it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I try to avoid anything that requires ADB like its the plague. Too complicated for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49