2.2 rom?

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
So, I didnt notice anything in here asking about it yet. Anybody have any ideas when we will see the first roms running off of 2.2

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I would bet that CM is on it like a fat kid on cake.

Pete might be a little behind, because i'm sure he wants the native Droid dump.

I'd much rather have pete do a custom BB with 2.2, because i'm convinced verizon will disable USB tethering/hotspot.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I would bet that CM is on it like a fat kid on cake.

Pete might be a little behind, because i'm sure he wants the native Droid dump.

I'd much rather have pete do a custom BB with 2.2, because i'm convinced verizon will disable USB tethering/hotspot.

I bet Pete is messing with it as well, I doubt he would want to be behind the party on this one.

As for the tethering, I think all carriers will strip that out/charge a fortune. The Nexus is always going to be the golden child device for things like this, since the carrier cant dictate the ROM on it really, since they sell them non-subsidized.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Problem is the only Froyo in existance is specifically for the N1, or for the emulator. going to take a LOT of work to get either of these running well on the Droid.

Once the AOSP source tree is updated, look out.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yeah its true but the last time i checked pete was having issues deodexing the rom so that will be a huge hold up once someone does that then i can bet quite a few devs will be working on getting a stable port with their theme etc. but as of now its just a waiting game

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually unsure whether the wifi will be disabled, especially on Verizon. 2 months ago I would have said "yes, absolutely disabled", but nowadays with the Pre offering free Wifi hotspot on VZW, i wouldn't be surprised if verizon allowed it (with some custom limiting software, of course) to get that leg up on AT&T. I mean, think about how huge that would be vs. an iPhone.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Verizon is only allowing it temporarily on the Pre because the number of sales is crap and they want to move the phone.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ya I would have to agree. I could see them capping it. Idk how much they would cap it but its possible. If not, there is always root haha

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
well i hope someone deodexes this bad boy im tired of looking at all this coverage on the front page and not being able to use it. mydroidworld had images up of motorola droid 2.2 and days later still nothing on a release or leak kinda sucks

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't really see anything in 2.2 to get my panties all in a bunch over. Do I want it? Yes. Do I care if I have to wait a month or three? Not really.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The speed increase is enough to get me bent out of shape but. I realize I won't see it soon

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Running now with 1ghz kernel.

Thanks alot P3 and everyone involved I believe I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate the time and work you put into moving these releases along!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae