Please somone mod the Froyos for the droid

knightbb

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Can someone mod the Froyos 2.2 os for the droid if someone can mod it for another android device cant the same thing happen for the droid. I mean it was Verizon flag phone and it is a good phone... we might find out the the Froyos os if just the thing the droid needs so we can see its full potential.:)

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Can someone mod the Froyos 2.2 os for the droid if someone can mod it for another android device cant the same thing happen for the droid. I mean it was Verizon flag phone and it is a good phone... we might find out the the Froyos os if just the thing the droid needs so we can see its full potential.:)

"was" is the keyword here. Droid is not long from being a year old. I believe the term is Legacy. I would be shocked if the Droid ever got Froyo.

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Its being worked on, relax.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
"was" is the keyword here. Droid is not long from being a year old. I believe the term is Legacy. I would be shocked if the Droid ever got Froyo.

A 2.2 build has already been pushed to Verizon testers with the Droid. It's said to be very fast! Verizon isn't going to abandon the Droid just yet because it is tye biggest Android phone to date.

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site

if im not mistaken, motorola or verizon said they were going to update the droid to 2.2, so i'm not too worried about it not coming.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you really have to ask? It's like this with every update. Everyone's entitled and should have received it yesterday... :rolleyes:

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

This kid obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Don't worrie the Droid is one of the next phones to recieve 2.2 i have already seen one droid running froyo in person and it's already been confirmed and we are one of the only phones running vanilla so we don't have to worrie about the UI being set up for 2.2. If rooted we should see it even more soon. Petes BB 1.1 already has little peices of 2.2 in it ( not much at all but atleast it's something )

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm hearing you can't deodex frf50 so that's out of the window. Now its time to wait for a leak which o doubt will happen any time soon

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have heard that too. Pete spend a week trying to deodex it, but was only able to pull certain elements for his BB 1.1, after all that time.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
it amazes me that nobody is trying able to port it already. google is really making a lot of effort on this one and keeping it to themeselves untill they want it released.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Its extremely difficult, from everything I have heard. And a lot of dev's are now focused on rooting unrootable phones, focusing on different phones (Nexus), and new phones coming out.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
well i tried my hand at porting it but just wouldnt work. got it to boot but the os is odexed. doesnt work to well when you have to switch around peices and parts. going to keep an eye out for paul at modaco supposedly he is making progres deodexing frf50. if its deodexed shouldnt be to hard just switch around alot of peices to get it to boot and maybe run. looks like we will see a leak from moto before we see this

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
haha google is being very tricky with this new upgrade. sombody should do one of those bounty things they had for sense at alldroid. but this time around have a cut off time. like 2 weeks or something.

we need to recruit some developers to this forum. i don't really talk to any of them since im mainly here but it would be nice to have our very own AC dev