Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Exclamation froyo and clockworkmod

Ok I know this should be in the app section but it is relevant to Froyo
    Who has been having issues with clockwork mod flashing different recoveries? Last night I tried for an hour to get spr off my phone and flash clockwork. Ended up using Droid root pro. Don't know if any one else ran into this but since I loaded Froyo clockwork has been on the Fritz
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

i had it happen a couple times when i had to switch to sprecovery. when i flashed clockwork recovery back and rebooted into recovery it was still sprecovery even though rom manager showed clockwork. I just flashed clockwork a couple times and it did switch back to clockwork recovery. A new release for rom manager was just released tonight, maybe that fixed the issue.
    Motorola Droid2

I heard of many people having issues with clockworkmod and rom manager today. Some said using sprecovery worked for them, but yeah, I would make sure rom manager is upgraded.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Just wanted to make sure it was more than be before I go ******** to koush
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Just wanted to make sure it was more than be before I go ******** to koush
    haha i have a feeling a lot of people already have been doing that since Pete put his froyo rom in it now. i can only imagine what his email inbox haha probably filled up.

i havent had a problem recently. 3 or 4 days ago i had an issue where when i would reboot into recovery through rom manager it would reboot but just didn't go into recovery. i manually went into clockwork cleared cache then rebooted. once it opened i re flashed clockwork recovery and then tried it again and it worked.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yeah I've had that issue but I was trying to reboot into recovery the manual way. Turns out I didn't have a recovery img. I'm just making it a point to use Droid root pro now.

I put on the leaked OTA froyo yesterday morning, it took my root but I DID set S-OFF first. Someone told me that I could now just download the clockworkmod and change it to update.zip and it would reinstall then I could flash a rooted mod..not working. It reads the update.zip then gives me an E signature error. I downloaded the clockworkmod for incredible cdma...any hints out there in genius land?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Your trying tp install clockworkmod recovery as an update.zip. just making sure I'm reading right. And to be sure your using a dinc. You can flash clockworkmod with rom manager just download the app from the market and click install recovery. As far as the new rooted rom once the recovery is installed you put the rom anywhere on your SD and click install rom from SD with in rom manager should reboot into recovery and install the rom for you

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Your trying tp install clockworkmod recovery as an update.zip. just making sure I'm reading right. And to be sure your using a dinc. You can flash clockworkmod with rom manager just download the app from the market and click install recovery. As far as the new rooted rom once the recovery is installed you put the rom anywhere on your SD and click install rom from SD with in rom manager should reboot into recovery and install the rom for you
    As I said I no longer have root just s-off and rom manager will not flash without root or so it says, so I tried it anyway and of course it gives me an error about permissions

Thanks for the reply though!
    oops I did it again
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

hmm should have read your post better my bad. your going to need a new rom. did it flash your recovery or do you still have the modded one. if you have the stock doesnt s-off allow you to push new recoveries. just asking not an htc guru. but ill do some checking and try to post a fix for your issue
    dont know if you've seen this but follow the instructions here and it will get you rooted
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765784
    Last edited by thebizz; 08-27-2010 at 02:38 PM.