1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid being lame

okay, so today my droid spazzed out, it was changing screens without me changing them and it wouldn't type and let me do what I wanted, It was in the sun and when i took it inside it seemed to work okay, but then i took it outside again (at night) when it was cooler and it still did it, almost immediately after being taken outside? should i be concerned?
    College student that spends far too much money on phones.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

umm this might be a big problem (i emphacise the word "might"). how hot was it when it was left outside and for how long? if it was a long time and it was really hot and sunny out you might have done some damage to your internal components in your phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

it didnt really seem hot, and i was sitting right next to it, it was only sitting there for about...an hour? maybe 2 at the most, and everything is working fine now
    College student that spends far too much money on phones.

That happens to me when it's in my pocket and I get hot, or it's hot out. I think the touch screen in temperature sensitive too because it stops doing that after it cools down.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

ok i know what you are experiencing now. this is exactly what happens if place it on the windshield mount in my car. ya if it ever gets that hot i would shut it down for about a half hour. left everything just kind of get temperature back down. if you are over clocked make sure you lower it when you know you are going to be in the sun or a hot area. also if you want you can always download TempMonitor from the market and it will tell you the temp of you battery in the notification bar, this way you have an idea of how hot your phone is getting. try to make sure it is below 40 C.