Trying to restore my Droid

msmith198025

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I used the link below to attempt to root my droid (newb on it totally). It seemed easy enough.

(apparently I can not post a link until I get to ten. I will fix that)

However, when It got to the part about mounting the sd card, I am stuck.

I assume, although it does not say, that you have to reactivate the phone. This is where I get stuck. I can not activate, I have tried 15 times or so, and there is no "pulldown" menu as the video says.

Id be happy just to get it back to stock and leave it at this point.

Any tips, or am I totally bricked?

msmith198025

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I used the link below to attempt to root my droid (newb on it totally). It seemed easy enough.

How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | The Unlockr

However, when It got to the part about mounting the sd card, I am stuck.

I assume, although it does not say, that you have to reactivate the phone. This is where I get stuck. I can not activate, I have tried 15 times or so, and there is no "pulldown" menu as the video says.

Id be happy just to get it back to stock and leave it at this point.

Any tips, or am I totally bricked?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Calm down, there is no need to post so many times in a few minutes. ;)

Are you sure you can't pull down your notifications on your screen? How about, Menu, Notifications? Does that work?

msmith198025

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Calm down, there is no need to post so many times in a few minutes. ;)

Are you sure you can't pull down your notifications on your screen? How about, Menu, Notifications? Does that work?

Haha, sorry. I only did that because it was not letting me post a link to the process that I used until I had ten posts. (i did go back and delete a few of them to clean up the thread).

I eventually did get it all finished, but with the new 2.1 installed I can not activate. I have been trying to do so since last night. Any tips?

Also, if I wanted to start over, how do I get back to stock? As I said, total noob when it comes to rooting, but I do know far more now than I did last night. lol That was a long few hours.

msmith198025

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
A little more info on things that I noticed. Still trying to activate, no luck.

I noticed in the phone info section of the phone, the phone number is no longer there and is replaced with 0000004795.
Is that normal until an activation? Might this be something i can fix through my online verizon account?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
you probably already did this but couldn't hurt to ask. Did you dial *228 and then press 1 to activate your phone?

msmith198025

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
you probably already did this but couldn't hurt to ask. Did you dial *228 and then press 1 to activate your phone?

Yes, many times. It always said that your phone did not program, and needs to be activated. Turns out the problem was (after I figured out everything else and returned it to stock) that right where I am, I happened to be roaming off of Cellular Souths tower instead of Verizons. It would not activate for that reason. Drove a half mile up the road, bingo. Good to go.

I pretty much rushed into this with little knowledge. Just enough to be dangerous to my phone. Going through the process I picked up the knowledge that I need to properly do the root. Of course I am still by any definition, a noob at it.

My advice to anyone that is new to this, even though it is a fairly easy process, be sure that you know what you are doing. Take your time, and do your research. It will save you alot of headache later lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12