HELP: Cannot boot into Recovery to Flash ROM?

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
So, here's my issue:

I'm currently on JRummy's KangerGaterHaterKangarooAde (whatever the name is) ROM for FroYo 2.2 on my Droid. Okay?

I've grown bored with it (i get bored with ROMs easially), and I wanted to flash back over to Stock 2.2 FroYo.

Easy right? Just click on it in ROM Manager and let it do its thing.

Wrong.

Every time I reboot, I get the M logo, black screen. Another M Logo, and my boot animation. No Recovery (?!?!)

HELP! How do i fix this?

I've tried:

Flashing SP Recovery, than reflashing Clockwork Mod-doesn't work.
Uninstalling ROM Manager, Reinstalling it. Doesnt work.
Updated to the newest version of ROM Manager. No dice.
Updated to the newest Clockwork Mod that was put out. No dice.
Tried just using SP Recovery to install a backup of when I was on the FroYo Rom. Guess what happened? Nothing.

any ideas here???

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
nevermind. i tried once more flashing SP, than Clockwork, and I went to re-install a backup (which I hope is Stock FroYo...its dated right before I installed JRUmmy, so I'm assuming it's stock froyo.

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
why wont my droid boot into clockwork??

Whenever I go to make a backup or install a rom it will act like it wants to boot into clockwork but it won't, it will boot like normal. Also, it is super sluggish and idk why its really making me upset. I can't get into any recovery options.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Try reflashing clockwork a couple times or flashing sprecovery and then clockwork again. There's also an option in the rom manager settings to have it erase the previous recovery prior to writing the new one if you're having issues.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
All you need to do is go into settings and make sure you have the option to delete previous recovery when you flash a new one. Then flash the new recovery twice. I don't know if 2 times is necessary but it couldn't hurt.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
easiest thing to do is "clear download cache" in rom manager. redownloading latest one. and flashing.

its an annoying bug in rom manager, and am quite surprised it hasn't been fixed yet

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to clear download cache. All you need to do is go into settings and make sure the opinion is selected that says it will delete the current recovery right before it installs the new one. Them flash the recovery. Idk why this seems to be happening so much lately but hopefully koush foxes it soon

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright, i find myself in a similar situation. I cannot get into recovery if clockwork is flashed. I flashed spr 3 times and booted into recovery by holding down the x. It worked fine, I rebooted and flashed Clockwork 2 times and told it to reboot in to recovery. All I get is the M logo. I pulled the battery and tried by holding down the x. Same result. The only way I can get back is to pull the battery.

What is the deal? I tried to clear the DL cache. I have it set to erase the recovery image prior to installing the new one. What else can I try?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was able to reboot into recovery under 2.0.1.2. but not under 2.0.1.3. I see a 2.0.1.4 listed in the old recoveries so maybe a new one is coming...

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
2014 in the legacy list is interesting.... I'd roll back to 2012 until 2014 drops. If 2014 doesn't work for you either, then just stick with 2012 and try and contact the devs and see if they've got suggestions.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
you should not have to flash an older version of the clockwork recovery. or delete download history. all you need to do is this:

step 1)- open rom manager

step 2)- go into the settings

step 3)- make sure that the option "erase recovery" is on. if it isn't then select it to turn it on.

step 4)- flash receovery 2-3 times.

you should be able to boot into recovery.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the option to erase checked as stated earlier. Only thing I did not do was flash the current recovery 3 times. I did do it twice though. I can get to recovery on the previous version so all is good right now. Hopefully the next version will be better for me.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Flash an older/experimental recovery and then flash back to the most current version.

2.0.1.3 did this to me this morning trying to install BB 0.3.

I flashed back to 2.0.1.2, and had no problems.

(Btw, all those numbers are clockworkmod recovery versions).

disasterinc

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The way I worked around this problem was flashing an another version of clockworkmod recovery via the "all clockworkmod recoveries" tab at the very bottom of the window in rom manager. I would either roll back to a version that I knew worked or try one of the higher/experimental versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech