1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I root the Droid from my Mac?

I see plenty of guides on how to do it with the help of your PC. But I have a Mac (and no iPhone) so I'd like to know if its even possible to do from my Mac without having to buy Windows and put it on bootcamp or Parallels.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I root the Droid from my Mac?

I agree mac is the only easy to go for a computer.. I would like to root to.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

Idk if you can. I tried awhile back when I first rooted but you need rsd lite which is only available for windows right now. So honestly, the best way would be to see if you can get your hands on a PC it would be much faster than waiting for a root option on mac.
    Motorola Moto X.

www.twitter.com/tweed7 <----FOLLOW ME!

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

If you're running 2.1 already, you can't do it from a mac tothe best of my knowledge. When I wiped, 2.1 automatically downloaded and I lost root but fortunately I had wife's laptop to use. If you can somehow get back to 2.01, you can then root using a mac- basically just follow the instructions for a pc but do everything from the phone, not through ADB. That's how I did it...it wasn't difficult.
    gtalk: Sethjk

Bootcamp or Parallels or Fusion.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Unfortunately the initial root process with the installation of the SP Tools, it requires the Motorola software. After that install, you can use your Mac to copy files to the SD card on your Droid. You could use VMWare Fusion like I did for the Motorola software, or another VM Windows application or even boot camp.

I did it with Fusion.

I used virtually box from orange that's free after that you just need a old copy of windows.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i don't have a copy of windows so i'm not going to need parallels or vmware or any of that.

i guess its not possible to do in osx alone? but i can use the android sdk....

maybe i should just wait until july for the official release.

or get a pc