mnt directory

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I just loaded ESE81update on my Droid and then installed the 2.2 leaked update and everything is running great. I also flashed SPRecovery_ESE81 prior to everything. Now, I'm really confused. I installed Astro File Manager and it wants to point to a /mnt/sdcard directory. When I go into this directory it is an exact duplicate of my sdcard. Can someone explain what is going on and what this mnt directory is? Every time I delete or change something on my sdcard it changes in the mnt/sdcard directory. Is this just a shortcut or like a mounted drive to my sdcard? Do I need this mnt directory? Thank you in advance.

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
i think thats just the apps way of going to the sd card. I'm pretty sure if you deleted it, it would delete everything off the sd card. Hope this helps a bit

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yes its your mounted drive of your sdcard. with froyo your sdcard is has different directories. with mnt one for apps and one for private app. dont worry its doing what its supposed to

dprk

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I had another question. My Music now shows up twice in the Music app and I think it's caused by this. Is there anyway to fix this?

dprk

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
If you get a chance later to check. I'd really appreciate it...I'm sure there's an easy fix for it, like move files from the root of the sdcard to the mnt/sdcard directory. Just want to make sure before I do something crazy like that. Thanks for the quick response.

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
my music doesn't show up twice, but since i put froyo on my phone, my playlist comes up twice. I would delete both and make a new one, and it would make a duplicate one that had the same music and the same title. not sure if this is caused by the same thing.

dprk

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
my music doesn't show up twice, but since i put froyo on my phone, my playlist comes up twice. I would delete both and make a new one, and it would make a duplicate one that had the same music and the same title. not sure if this is caused by the same thing.

So you deleted both and put new music on the sdcard and it made a duplicate or are you asking me to delete both and redownload it? Sorry I was a little confused with your wording.

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any issues with music or photos showing up twice. Only issue I'm having is with Astro file manager. Seems to he backing up my aps ok but when I to to restore them I get "nothing selected"

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
So you deleted both and put new music on the sdcard and it made a duplicate or are you asking me to delete both and redownload it? Sorry I was a little confused with your wording.

ok, sorry, lol. My music is fine, that does not show up twice. But my playlist does. Whenever I make a new playlist, it actually creates and exact duplicate that is named the same, and contains the same music. So when i go into the Playlists tab in the music app, it shows double of all the playlists.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon