Force Roam/Roaming Only

sykosykes

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking all over for a way to force roaming on my Moto Droid. My phone is already rooted, and I am wondering if anyone has any information on how to do it or if it is even possible. Thanks!

schramm

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
sykosykes, did you find a way to force roaming for your Droid? I have a Droid 2 Global and I'm looking for the same feature.

I try the app that BrianFX suggest but didn't work. It is not intended for Motorola and Verizon :( :'(

thomasaquinas

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, been trying to get forced roaming and this is what has been working for me. Get into epst mode, on my thunderbolt it is ##778 send! Go to modem settings change rev a to enable, go to cdma settings/ sys a primary should be set at 283 changed mine to 253 or 252 also and go to menu and press for commit. Phone will reboot. And from my experiences you have to be in an area where there is poor Verizon service. Then when phone comes on it will say on lock screen extended network= roaming.
Rooted with HTC Rom
Rf signal tracker installed
Open signal installed.... Do not know if these programs make a difference also have roam control but I don't even think that works on Verizon!
Hope this might help!