Question about installing bug less beast

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! Although I'm relatively new to the droid rooting scene, I have recently managed to root my new droid and install the leaked, stock version of froyo (the newest release). I notice everyone talking about the excellent stability and battery life of the new bugless beast v0.4. I want to take the plunge into the world of custom roms. I have a rather newbish question though. Under bugless beast in rom manager, I notice that there is a baseband update and an option that states "fix permissions." Are thrsr two options necessary? I want to avoid upgrading the baseband if at all possible. Thanks!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to. I haven't on mine and my droid has been great! I think those are options if you seem to be having issues (at least the fix permissions one is). My droid has been solid as a rock with bb0.4.

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Only if you have bad voice quality then install the new baseband I did. Heads up you have to activate your phone after installing it.

disasterinc

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind if you update the baseband that the result may be worse reception in some areas. I installed the baseband update and then had to roll back because I kept losing 3g coverage at home. BB v0.4 is awesome, its easy to install and reliable.

Last edited: