1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Question about installing bug less beast

Hey everyone! Although I'm relatively new to the droid rooting scene, I have recently managed to root my new droid and install the leaked, stock version of froyo (the newest release). I notice everyone talking about the excellent stability and battery life of the new bugless beast v0.4. I want to take the plunge into the world of custom roms. I have a rather newbish question though. Under bugless beast in rom manager, I notice that there is a baseband update and an option that states "fix permissions." Are thrsr two options necessary? I want to avoid upgrading the baseband if at all possible. Thanks!

You don't have to. I haven't on mine and my droid has been great! I think those are options if you seem to be having issues (at least the fix permissions one is). My droid has been solid as a rock with bb0.4.

Only if you have bad voice quality then install the new baseband I did. Heads up you have to activate your phone after installing it.

Keep in mind if you update the baseband that the result may be worse reception in some areas. I installed the baseband update and then had to roll back because I kept losing 3g coverage at home. BB v0.4 is awesome, its easy to install and reliable.
    Last edited by disasterinc; 07-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.