Can't acess bootloader on droid

leingod

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my droid and can't get to my bootloader now to install roms. I am trying to install the bugless beast rom but can't get to it. The droid just keeps rebooting the moto logo until I stop holding down the x/power button. what do i do? Whole reason for me to root was to enjoy the custom roms. What do i do to fix this?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Are you using ROM manager?
If you are just flash another recovery and flash back, and maybe enable the option that clears the recovery image prior to flashing.

- Jorge

leingod

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Testing it out now. I'll let you know if it works in a few more minutes.

*Edit* Still haven't gotten it. It just won't load into recovery. It will stay on the moto logo screen for a few minutes and then just bootup the phone like normal. The phone itself is also rather laggy.

*Edit2* I am going to try and flash the alternate recovery on rom manager. SPRecovery 0.99.3b Got into recoery finally. I am wiping the data/cache now. Will this screw up froyo?

*edit3* I wiped data/facory/cache. But it keeps aborting the .zip for bugless beast and I can perform a nandroid backup. Keep getting error code 21. Wtf....

Last edited:

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
So you can get into the recovery?
I'm guessing the zip file is probably corrupt. I recommend downloading it again, hopefully it'll work.

- Jorge

leingod

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I have literally no idea what I did but I got the recovery working and got BB installed again. I am freakin shot now...

Thank you for the help. I'll look into it more tomorrow when I can actually think again.

leingod

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
One fast thing. If I have a custom rom running, can i also load a theme? And what exactly are some fun things to do with BB? Along with some good apps for rooted droids?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995