1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help. Cannot Reactivate my Droid after Rooting...

I went to try to root my Droid and got to the end where it powered back up and said I had to reactivate my phone. it force calls *228 and i have the option 1 or 2. I click on to reactivate and am told to hold while they pull my info up and a min later the automated voice come back saying my phone cannot be activated at this time... any Ideas or am I SOL? Also I am trying to get 2.2 on my droid. what is the best one to use? looking for flash and wifi tethering... any help would be Great! Thanks!
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Go back to stock?

just keep trying. You might have called while verizon was doing maintainance on their network. Also make sure you have a good signal when you make the call.
    Motorola Droid2

I didn't have to call to reactivate my droid when I rooted and then went to 2.2, I did though have to reset up my google account but that's about it. I would try back at a later time or call their customer service and ask them if they can manually activate for you.

IMO, try bugless beast v.04, I just flashed that last night and so far it's awesome!
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yeah just call ran into this issue a few times they will do a manual activation for you takes a few mins nothing big
    Rooted for life
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Sweet, Update. I tried to sign on my VZW account and could not so I went to sleep. I got up and around 12pm I tried again and it worked! I am running 2.2 BBv.04! love Froyo

Same thing happened to me a month or so ago after I did the baseband update -- apparently midnight-ish is a bad time to try and activate a phone because I was trying to do it at the same time. Maybe Verizon works on server maintenance/upgrades that late at night .....

Default Re: Need help. Cannot Reactivate my Droid after Rooting...

This happened to me. Even though I have good signal I moved to a window and it activated. Don't know if it actually helped but I was able to activate that way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

congrats! glad it worked out for ya....it's amazing what can fix itself when you just sleep on it sometimes..LOL

Default Re: Need help. Cannot Reactivate my Droid after Rooting...

I need help - I found a droid 2 & not thinking, completly erased everything (without looking at the number), I want to reset it.Can I without the phones number or adding a plan?