Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Rooted to 2.2 with a few lingering issues

Greetings. So after 5 months of ownership, I rooted my Droid about a week ago to "stock" 2.2 (sapphire 0.7) following the tutorial on droid-life.com. Everything went smoothly and I felt like it was almost too easy. I've been basically happy with it, except I've lost functionality in two areas: geolocation (weather apps, not navigation/maps - those are fine) and voice search. The loss of geolocation isn't a killer for me, but I've started to realize that I really miss the voice search. The error I get when trying to voice search anything is "Sorry! The application Voice Search (process com.google.android.voicesearch) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I should add that I rooted primarily for wifi tethering my iPad and froyo. I may mess around with other settings, but that's really what I was after and it works.

So here are this noob's questions-
    Is this a known issue with this ROM, and can I just install another one and it will work? If so, what is another stockish ROM I could use?
    Could I replace this defective voice search process somehow?
    Is there a setting that I've accidentally reset?
    Any other advice?

Thanks in advance.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yes their are plenty of roms Pete leaked the update over a week ago if you want look for Pete's section on droidforums.net and download it everything works minus flash showing up in the market but that could be fixed by now
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Just digged a big deeper on the web and found that it's a known issue with this ROM. I think I'll try another one. Thanks.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

As thebizz, said check out petes rom. It is basically froyo stock with internal tweeking to improve performance and battery life. His does not have that issue and is working flawlessly. Droidforums.net scroll down to Roms, BuglessBeast.
    Google Plus+
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Charge