Bugless Beast 0.4 vs CyanogenMod 6

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
ebruoot is correct however:

CM6 is newer and has parts from a newer leaked build. Possibly more customizations built in. BB 0.4 is based off a leak from a week or two prior. Both Roms are built from source I believe and ran very very well on my Droid. I am missing a lot of details but I am too lazy to look them up again lol. Try both, most recently I had great results with CM6 RC-2. But when BB 0.4 was the hot stuff that worked great for me too. Glad I can help haha

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
A slightly worked over stock rom compared to a fully built and compiled custom rom you guess. Cm everyday

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just tried cyan. Newb question. I tried the latest stable build and the nightly. Both came very empty. That's okay but there wasn't even a link to the market so I could run titanium and get my apps back. Is there a second step that is expected that I don't know about? Thanks in advance for the advice. Using rom manager premium.
Currently on bb. 4. Love it but want to try cyan.
Cheers!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
cyan doesn't come with the google apps module by default, you have to install it as an add-on separately. using rom manager when you install cyanogen it prompts you for google add-ons and you should check it. This is the easiest method.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ah. I see the issue. I do select that option but the auto install doesn't work. I then browse for the cyan zip and install it. But you're helping me understand that this is only part of the intended install. I need to investigate why the rom mgr install doesn't work. Thanks!

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Did a clear download cache and then the cyan install worked great. Ran my app restore and up and running on cyan. Loving it so far. Will report in 24 hours how it compares to bb. 4. Cheers!

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the cyan mod I used (latest stable) gets linpack readings of 8.5 while bb .4 gets readings around 12. The latest stable cyan I am assuming is not overclocked. Cyan seems to have way more themes and alternate versions to play with. Although not a theme per se launcher pro (runs on both) gives me the experience I like. You may have different opinion on this.

There are ways to oc cyan i am sure but cyan is missing the bb script helpers which for me are essential. Disable car dock, turn off ads and a lot more.

After a fun 12 hours with cyan I am back on bb .4.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think CM has the scripts, but BB lets you visually execute them while CM requires you to go into terminal and run them. I think; don't quote me on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen