what rom and theme are you using?

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
What rom is everyone running? Also, how is it running on your droid? I am running sapphire 1.0 with droid x theme, droid 2 boot animation, droid x multi touch keyboard and running at 1 ghz. So far its been running pretty good. I've only been.running it for a couple days though. It can only get better with time.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm using JRummy/Lithium Mod with the Golden Elegance theme and a 1.2 ghz low voltage kernel but governed down to 1.0 ghz with SetCPU. I find this gives me the most visual appeal, speed, stability and battery life.

DiggyLR

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am running UD eXtreme 7.0.0.....best rom Ive ever used. P3Droid LV 1.1ghz kernal. I dont know that this thing could get much better

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Im using Cyanogen 6.0 Release Candidate 3. I have gotten a few notifications through ROM Mgr that upgrades to it are available but its running so smoothly for me that I haven't been tempted to install them.

Stock Kernal that comes with it is a 800 cap but that is plenty fast enough for my usage. Battery life is wonderful on my device.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Simply Stunning 4.7, 1GHz ULV and ADWLauncher. I came from Sapphire 1.0 and CM 6 RC3 and SS is a lot smoother and better running than either.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am running Sapphire 1.0 with the 928black glass theme. I came from bb .4 and it is running better than that at this point. Seems like things slow down after time. I remember coming from Cyanogen to bb 1.1 and thinking it was very fast. Same thing now.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have a question about Kernels.

I have rooted my phone using easy root, but I haven't done anything with it rea;ly. Having previously ruined a phone by not paying close enough attention to what I was doing I want to do a little more research. I want to overclock. Admittedly I haven't checked other forums yet, which I am about to do today, but I was wondering about which kernels were the best to use and how you go about installing a new kernel.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a question about Kernels.

I have rooted my phone using easy root, but I haven't done anything with it rea;ly. Having previously ruined a phone by not paying close enough attention to what I was doing I want to do a little more research. I want to overclock. Admittedly I haven't checked other forums yet, which I am about to do today, but I was wondering about which kernels were the best to use and how you go about installing a new kernel.

Apparently you can now overclock to 800MHz on the stock kernel with just root and SetCPU. SetCPU and Android 2.2 for DROID Allows for Simple Overclocking | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog You can either buy SetCPU from the market or get it from SetCPU for Root Users [2.0.2] This *actually* changes everything. 08/02/2010 - xda-developers

Honestly, there really isn't a need to go over 800 but if you do or want to try to improve battery life with low/ultra-low voltage kernels, you can do the following. Install the free version of Rom Manager from the Market, open the app and choose Flash Clockwordmod Recovery. As for getting the kernels, the easiest way is to push one of the links below to your phone with ChromeToPhone, select a kernel and download. I'd suggest picking 1 speed and downloading the low and/or ultra low version along with the normal one since some phones don't like low voltage kernels and just boot loop.

ChevyNo1 kernels
P3Droid kernels

Open Rom Manager again and choose Reboot into Recovery or power off your phone and hold the X and pwr button to get into recovery. Be sure to go to Nandroid-Backup first so you have something to go back to if the kernels don't work. Then choose Install Zip from sdcard, go down to your download folder, find the kernel and hit the camera button to install. Then reboot and you should be good to go.

Spaniard85

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Currently on Lithium Mod with the EVO theme. Using P3's 1.25 low voltage kernel. Lithium seems to run the best on my Droid, and usually handles the homescreen redraws the best. I still have issues with that on LauncherPro Plus though. Anyone have any fixes?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
just loaded up sapphire 1.0 tried the incognito theme but lost my phone apk. so im running the gala s theme its a great one anyway

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Been on Lithium for a long time. Widget redraws are starting to be slower when going back to the home screen. Might be looking for a change soon. I fully think every Rom will slow down after you have used it for a couple weeks.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
^^ i agree with you on that think the Droid needs more ram. May have to look into swap to fix it. On another note loaded the cm gapps with sapphire now getting flash in the market plus all my apps. I think that frg22d is way too slow couldnt take ot for more than a day