Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I Rooted the 2.2 OTA. Now What?

The DX is my first Android phone and after getting the 2.2 OTA update i rooted. I got the standard root apps, barnacle, drocap, addfree and titanium backup. But what else can i do? What are you doing with your DX with SU permissions?

You could also try SetCPU and AutoKiller to make your phone more efficient and give you greater battery life. Keep in mind that rooting doesn't give you super powers or let you travel through time, it just gives you a little more control over how it functions...very useful, but it doesn't change the world.

If you have or upgrade to the paid version of Titanium, you can freeze bloat ware apps so they wont launch themselves in the background and use some of your phones resources.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    If you have or upgrade to the paid version of Titanium, you can freeze bloat ware apps so they wont launch themselves in the background and use some of your phones resources.
    That might be a good enough reason to pay for the full version. Will that interfere with any future OTA updates?

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

What method did you use to root?