1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I know If I successfully rooted my droid?

I know I did the manual update correcty because I see the new lock,speed,youtube widget,2.0.1 ect It's awesome, but how do I know If I also rooted my droid correctly? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You will probably have an app called Terminal Emulator in your app tray. Open it and type "su" without qoutes. If you get a "#" with no message, you're in. Just to verify further, at the prompt type these commands each followed by hitting the return/enter key:

ls
    cd /system
    ls

If you see files like build.prop, build.trout.prop then you're rooted. Type exit, hit the enter key then type exit followed by the enter key again to get out of it.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tallbruva View Post
    You will probably have an app called Terminal Emulator in your app tray. Open it and type "su" without qoutes. If you get a "#" with no message, you're in. Just to verify further, at the prompt type these commands each followed by hitting the return/enter key:

ls
    cd /system
    ls

If you see files like build.prop, build.trout.prop then you're rooted. Type exit, hit the enter key then type exit followed by the enter key again to get out of it.
    No Terminal Emulator on mine...............
    Ive followed directions exactly, twice.

I just got it, cant get Superuser privileges yet......
    Last edited by vjdup; 12-09-2009 at 06:58 PM.

K so im new to the droid..i did the manuel update. I have no idea what it means to be "rooted" what else should i have done after installing 2.01? help? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vjdup View Post
    No Terminal Emulator on mine...............
    Ive followed directions exactly, twice.

I just got it, cant get Superuser privileges yet......
    Look for an app called Telnet by Koushik Dutta in the Market. If you can connect to localhost with his app, you're in. You'll need this or another terminal app to enjoy the freedom of being rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzYiBe View Post
    K so im new to the droid..i did the manuel update. I have no idea what it means to be "rooted" what else should i have done after installing 2.01? help? thanks
    The good news is you've got the latest and greatest Android has to offer with the 2.0.1 update. Anyone without a DROID is stuck with 1.6 at best. If you don't know what being rooted means, don't worry about it.... I'd highly suggest not attempting in your case. :-)
    Last edited by tallbruva; 12-10-2009 at 09:38 AM.

as long as my phone works without rooting i can live without doing it myself.. thanks

after i though i rooted my phone i checked to see if it was. after trying what i saw. what came up was su:uid 10060 not allowed to su please help

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn13 View Post
    after i though i rooted my phone i checked to see if it was. after trying what i saw. what came up was su:uid 10060 not allowed to su please help
    sounds like you didn't root your phone or that applications cannot obtain root access at least, maybe u can gain access via adb. I would start over and try again.