Root droid... update to 2.1 step by step?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
All lower case, like update.zip ??
You are on 2.0.1 already right? It's fairly straightforward. I'm not saying you're a liar either, but I doubt that you followed the steps exactly. Your initial post asking about root was a hint that you probably shouldn't be attempting this hack. I mean no disrespect about that at all either.

It looks like you have a PC, so I can't share the screen with you to make sure, but short of that I'm not able to answer your question. I'd have to be sitting at your computer to do it, and then point it out to you the step that's hanging you up.

Im not idiot and im not saying your calling me one but I followed the steps to-a-T, exactly how their written out and even watched the video. Yet, I still get the error. However, I havnt checked with my settings so Ill do that and try it. Report back here in afew.

wallyweaver

Dec 9, 2009
www.google.com
Question about rooting

Hey guys, i am a technically literate person when it comes to gadgets, but i am new to the android operating system and the rooting process. i like my phone to run as fast as possible, and i wanted to know if i root my phone, can i eliminate some standard applications in the operating system (such as sms, i just downloaded handcent and i like it better)? Can anyone help out an Android newbie? Thanks.

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, i am a technically literate person when it comes to gadgets, but i am new to the android operating system and the rooting process. i like my phone to run as fast as possible, and i wanted to know if i root my phone, can i eliminate some standard applications in the operating system (such as sms, i just downloaded handcent and i like it better)? Can anyone help out an Android newbie? Thanks.

Hey Wally....I am new to android as well and i have rooted my droid and installed 2.1.....with it rooted i am not sure if you can delete the OEM sms app.....but i don't think it will make the phone any faster if you do....once you disable notifications in the oem sms app you won't even know it exists.....oh and i use handcent as well....hope this helps

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
To anyone getting this issue:
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Just be sure to check the name within the astro app. On my computer everything seemed fine and the file said "update.zip". However, when I went into astro, went to the folder, hit edit, then hit rename astro had it as "update.zip.zip" which was why I was getting the above issue. Sorry if I'm giving info that you already know, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
To anyone getting this issue:
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Just be sure to check the name within the astro app. On my computer everything seemed fine and the file said "update.zip". However, when I went into astro, went to the folder, hit edit, then hit rename astro had it as "update.zip.zip" which was why I was getting the above issue. Sorry if I'm giving info that you already know, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

That was the main problem for most everyone I think. I couldn't get it to work so many times and finally checked that and poof! worked!!!

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I might be doing that. I downloaded a new file that had them combined it was easier that way. I might update to 2.1 but i dunno, no need for me really..

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Trying to follow these instructions to root my droid and it says the file doesn't exist anymore when trying to follow step 1

THX

gamecocks524

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
When I try to get to the new boot screen, it goes to the old one and it comes up with this error message: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
anybody have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20