Help need - Rooted while still on 2.1 but now looking to unRoot

tigerchant

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to unRoot my D1 after rooting it trying to get 2.2. I'm looking for a way to unRoot so I can sell it to a friend of mine. They won't know what to do with a Rooted phone so i figured I would unRoot before selling it.

HELP??!!!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
if you download z4root from the market, it should be able to unroot your device with ease. I am not positive as to how to do it through that app but it should be self-explanatory. Let us know if it works. Good luck

Reactions: tigerchant

tigerchant

May 26, 2010
Visit site
so quick problem....i can't seem to gain wifi access and my D1 will not boot in recovery mode. It keeps giving me the "triangle and the phone" error emblem...ideas?

tigerchant

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No 3G b/c it's not an active phone. Also i can see the clockwork recovery file on my SD card but i think the last time i played with the phone i erased ROM manager so i have no way to flash...at least i can't see.

How hard can I make this right?!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
hmmm. Try going (on your computer) to Koush's site or cyanogen's forum and download the recovery prior to the newest one and put it on the root of your recovery. I can't remember how to flash a recovery because I've been doing it through clock work for so long but there has to be a tutorial somewhere.

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ever thought of activating the phone? *228 will do it for you basically and then you should have 3g service to be able to download Rom Manager and when you are done you can reactivate your DInc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair