Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Totally Stock

Default overclocked kernels for a stock rom

I just rooted my friends droid, first thing he wanted to do was overclock. so I searched for overcloked kernels and found some kernels by Chevy.

When I booted up his phone with the kernel it just gave him a red LED and shut down his phone, even though it was charged 100%

So I did a nandroid restore and now I can't seem to find any good kernels?!

Does anyone have a kernel that would work with a stock Rom that gets 800mhz or more?

Thanks for the help
    Droid incredible Rooted w/unrevoked
    Rom: LiquidMetal RC Kernel: ztest-INC-BFS-HAVS-031111 (Ziggy's test kernel)Overclocked to: 1.28ghz STABLE!!!
    Quadrant: 1735
    Linpack:38.758
    Samsung sch-a 950> samsung sch-a930>motorola krzr> lg voyager (vx10k)> blackberry storm 9530>blackberry curve 8330> HTC Droid Incredible

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Flash CyanogenMod 6.1.2 you can get it through Rom Manager from the market...I'm pretty sure that ROM/kernel is oc'd to 800Mhz. Or if he wants to keep it all stock and OC just buy SetCPU from the market, if I'm correct it's only like $2. Those Chevy kernels are prolly OC'd to 1.1 or 1.2 Ghz and he probably got the red led because his processor couldn't handle that much...some can but not all.
    Last edited by scarryman04; 01-19-2011 at 02:34 PM.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

I always liked Slayhers kernels. Totally worth paying for Rom Manager to get all the premium downloads.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Totally Stock

Is that a normal reaction for a droid to have when it is overclocked past its limits? Red LED and it thinks the battery is dead?

I know when my Incredible cant handle the OC it will reboot, and possibly go into a boot loop, never had it think the battery was dead.

Also, what do you all suggest i use as a recovery on his droid?

I have clockworkmod running on it but it will only work once or twice before the standard recovery (triangle w/ exclamation mark) comes back. does SP recovery stick better than clockwork?
    Droid incredible Rooted w/unrevoked
    Rom: LiquidMetal RC Kernel: ztest-INC-BFS-HAVS-031111 (Ziggy's test kernel)Overclocked to: 1.28ghz STABLE!!!
    Quadrant: 1735
    Linpack:38.758
    Samsung sch-a 950> samsung sch-a930>motorola krzr> lg voyager (vx10k)> blackberry storm 9530>blackberry curve 8330> HTC Droid Incredible

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Well I am on the stock FRG83D and have been using P3Droid's LV 1ghz kernel. It has been working great, fast performance, and I haven't had an ill effect on battery life after setting up some profiles in SetCPU. Same thing happened to me when I tried to use Chevy's kernels too. Here is the download link for P3Droid's kernels too.

P3Droid Kernels

Hope I could help.