Project Elite ROM

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I came across this ROM a few days ago and just flashed it last night, as soon as I did, I ran a Quadrant and scored a 1381!!! It is an amazing ROM, tons of features and seems super stable, I haven't had any problems with it at all. It uses the Slayher 1.1 Ghz kernel hence why it is so fast, but there is a internal governor so you can overclock and underclock from the ROM settings if you don't want it to run so high if you don't want it too...anyways thought I would share this ROM so here is the link...happy modding

How to contact ROM Dev- Twitter: @actngrezy

{ROM STABLE}Project Elite v4 Built from source frg83D w/ Gingerbread Parts - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: frits211

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Installed PEv4.2 won't let me into recovery!

Been running PEv4 since it first came out... OUTSTANDING rom!!!

I just switched over to PEv4.2 last night and been having problems ever since. Did a clean install via ROM Manager.. backed up and wiped... and now I can't get into recovery (wtf?).
I've tried doing it manual (on/off + X), and through the reboot option, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I should try in order to get into recovery?:confused:
*Edit*
Never mind.... I just fixed my own issue.
ROM Manager wasn't giving me a valid recovery. Just had to keep pushing it through until it takes. ;)

Last edited:

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I love this ROM. The team seems to take his time and think things through. They do not add stuff that negatively affects performance. Can't wait for the next version.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OMG...PE V5 is going to be released sometime this week!!! The dev just posted a screenshot on twitter. It looks like he's not using a Slayher kernel this time...maybe one of his own.

Reactions: cmorty72#AC

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Whoot!! Just flashed V5, lovin' the custom ROM again!!! Was on Pete's GB Vanilla Stock rom, worked PERFECT, but nothing flashy, just a straight GB build. I'll be watching for the BBGPA when he gets to it, but for now, I'm prolly gonna be using this one!

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I flashed V5 yesterday, and so far I LOVE it. I was having problems with UD2.5, and even though my Quadrant score was about 100 lower with PE V5, the phone is running so much more smoothly. It looks clean, laid out well. It's given new life to my OG Droid. I will be using this one for a while.

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid I haven't had much luck getting v5 to work today. My first attempt at installing it resulted in it getting stuck on the animation screen. After about 3 battery pulls, it finally came up and then stuck on the gmail login/sync for a while before rebooting over and over again into the boot animation. After another battery pull I managed to get through the setup and to a home screen, but then it got stuck trying to turn on WiFi and began rebooting itself.

After that I restored to 4.5. I decided to give it another shot. This time it loaded up and got to setup on the first try. I got through setup with no problems, and even turned on WiFi with no problems. Then I hit the menu key, wanted to back out of the menu and hit home key and it stuck and rebooted. It came up ok. I went to the market to look at the apps downloading and it hung and force closed. Tried it again with the same result. I am now restoring back to 4.5 for now.

I wonder if its default kernel isn't compatible with my Droid?

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Going from CM6 to V5 of this is a breath of fresh air. Wow. Battery seems to drain much faster, though... I could go all day on CM6. In the 3 hours it took setting myself up, I found myself down to 20%. Admittedly, screen was on the whole time, but still...

[Edit:] Flashed a different kernel. (Love how that's built in.) Pete's Low Voltage 1050MHz kernel seems to be more battery friendly than the stock 1100 MHz low voltage kernel.

Edit 2: Just noticed there's no native Android tethering, like CM6 had. My Cr-48 is sad, now.

Last edited:

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried this yet...trying out Ultimate Droid 3.0...kinda buggy so I'm debating trying this one out or going back to CM7, any suggestions?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Whoot!! Just flashed V5, lovin' the custom ROM again!!! Was on Pete's GB Vanilla Stock rom, worked PERFECT, but nothing flashy, just a straight GB build. I'll be watching for the BBGPA when he gets to it, but for now, I'm prolly gonna be using this one!

Yeah customs are where it's at!!! I don't even know why people are making a big deal about GPA...I had GB way before he released that lol

ericdroid

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I just switched to this one from the CM7 nightlies, and so far I love it. It's not based on CM, though they do use a lot of code from it (and they're really good about acknowleging this).
It's faster than CM7. That's partially due to a faster default kernel, but I think I'm gonna stick with this a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy