1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting?

So technically rooting your droid just unlocks the root of your phone so the rooting process couldn't harm your phone its just what you choose to do after that could like deleting a root folder or flashing a bad rom? Right?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I'd like to know this as well. Thanks.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

That is correct. A lot of users just root to remove bloatware and install apps like tethering.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Thanks, Smitty!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So there's no way I could damage my phone by just doing a temporary root and trying out wifi tethering
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Technically, you could but if you follow the process there's no reason you should. Regardless, fixing your phone is easy as well

So does anybody have a legit root for the og droid becuz superoneclick jus freezes up on me

Quote Originally Posted by mhova04 View Post
    So does anybody have a legit root for the og droid becuz superoneclick jus freezes up on me
    super one click is probably the best and easiest method for the latest update on the Droid. Are you following each step exactly? There are video walkthroughs available for that method.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Not sure if it will work on FRG83D but I used Soup or Root, another simple 1 click root

im running BB 6.2.1 and cant do a backup. Im trying to flash another rom but I cant seem to boot into recovery to do so. Any suggestions?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by p5stover View Post
    im running BB 6.2.1 and cant do a backup. Im trying to flash another rom but I cant seem to boot into recovery to do so. Any suggestions?
    Holding x + power?
    Try reflashing your recovery, or switch to clockwork if you arent on it already.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"