Reverting an overly tweaked Droid.

AJMetal87

Oct 21, 2010
www.facebook.com
Greetings everyone! Long time follower of Android Central here and a daily checker on blogs. I have a question I know you will all be able to help me with no problem. I have just received my D2 from Motorola (they hook up us vzw empl) and I have the predecessor (1st gen droid) which is pretty modded out that I would like to give to a family member. However, after a factory reset through clockwork recovery, I am getting market app FCs like crazy.

Here is what were working with:

Rooted
Cyanogyen 6.1
"jdflg" 1ghz low voltage kernel

What does a guy gotta do to get things back to stock? Because i an unable to get into the market (Because of the immediate FC) I cant seem to get rom manager on there to Download and reinstall the stock recovery image, hence being in a bind.

I am semi-familiar with RSDlite...Well, Ive rooted many a droid1 with it anyways, besides that no further experience. Is this a tool I will need to utilize to get things back to defaults? Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read this and provide me with some answers. Take care everyone.

- Andrew
AJ

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Greetings everyone! Long time follower of Android Central here and a daily checker on blogs. I have a question I know you will all be able to help me with no problem. I have just received my D2 from Motorola (they hook up us vzw empl) and I have the predecessor (1st gen droid) which is pretty modded out that I would like to give to a family member. However, after a factory reset through clockwork recovery, I am getting market app FCs like crazy.

Here is what were working with:

Rooted
Cyanogyen 6.1
"jdflg" 1ghz low voltage kernel

What does a guy gotta do to get things back to stock? Because i an unable to get into the market (Because of the immediate FC) I cant seem to get rom manager on there to Download and reinstall the stock recovery image, hence being in a bind.

I am semi-familiar with RSDlite...Well, Ive rooted many a droid1 with it anyways, besides that no further experience. Is this a tool I will need to utilize to get things back to defaults? Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read this and provide me with some answers. Take care everyone.

- Andrew
AJ
With ROM Manager, did you try fixing the permissions? This usually helps at times.

AJMetal87

Oct 21, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the tips. @scarryman04 the link contained in the url you sent me was bad. Is there an altenate mirror anyone knows of?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Didn't you do a back up of your stock ROM when you first rooted your phone? You can try twitter and ask @peteralfonso, he is the bugless beast dev and was the one that posted that on the website i gave you earlier

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
TC, if you're already running cyanogenmod then you have to have Clockworkmod recovery. If you backed up any of your past ROMS you can access clockworkmod by rebooting your phone while holding power button and X. Then you should be able to access recovery. You can also turn on USB and copy a ROM over you're having issues doing so while the phone is fully on.

Metickone has a rooted stock that works perfectly fine. metiCkOne - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

AJMetal87

Oct 21, 2010
www.facebook.com
the ROM manager that I have keeps prompting me for an update in order to proceed installing the stock rom, which then brings me to the market, inadvertantly leading me to a FC by the market. The previous backups that I had i have wiped from my sd card, not thinking i would run into FC problems after a factory reset...

I am going to try to download the 2.2 Stock image from a mirror on a laptop and move it over to the device via usb and see if clockwork will allow me to manually install. Thanks for all of your help and i will post and update on my progress.

AJMetal87

Oct 21, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thank you so much for everything guys. I have successfully reverted and it runs flawlessly. Couldn't have done it without you all. I hope others can benefit from this thread too. Take care!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance