Unlock Nand

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have recently rooted my Moto Droid, and I still need to unlock the nand to get BusyBox and other apps to work. I also would like to install a custom mod. What is the easiest way to get the nand unlocked? All instructions I can find are for other phones. THANK YOU!

justatest#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
if you are getting the nand locked message, you are not rooted.

get terminal emulator from the market. open it & type su hit enter. if superuser pops up & asks for permission or you get a #, youre rooted. if not, your not rooted.

how did you root?

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
So I lost my root...

After much digging last night, I think I have figured out my issue. I WAS rooted, and still have the Superuser icon, but I think I remember getting an update that must have wiped my root. I have tried re-rooting with Soup to Root and SuperOneClick, but to no avail. I never really did much with the root the first time, but I am now ready to get into custom ROM's and overclocking. I have v. 2.2.1 FRG38D.

How do I get re-rooted? Thank you for the response!

justatest#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
your welcome,least i can do for a fellow AU fan. you live in AL?

find z4root. if you cant find it, i have it & i'll send it to you if you pm me your email

if it wont work, you'll have to use a sbf file & rsd lite to re-root

Reactions: auburngirl

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I live in AL. War Eagle.

I think I am going to try scarryman's suggestion first, as I tried looking for z4root, and did not have any success. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC